Part 6

The talk from night before was still ringing in Onew's head while he was in the lecture. When Minho closed the distance between them, he remembered how his heart started thumping so hard.
"What is wrong with me? Why can't I stop thinking about yesterday?", Onew thought.

He was so out of it that he didn't notice that his Ancient Greek professor was calling his name.
"Onew, what is going on with you these days? Stay behind after the lecture ends."

"Yes sir...", Onew said.

"This professor is obsessed with Onew..He is always giving him tasks and making him stay late. Is it normal for nerds to be treated like this??", Minho thought from across the lecture hall. Suddenly, the corners of his mouth quirked up as his hands roamed on the desk to find a piece of paper. Once that was out of the way, he wrote something, crumpled the paper into a ball and then threw it towards Onew.

Onew turned around when he felt something hit him and witnessed a smirking Minho staring directly at him.

"What's he upto now?",Jinki thought as opened the note.
"CHECK YOUR MESSAGES, NERD"

Onew rolled his eyes at being called nerd for the millionth time and got his phone out from his pocket.

Minho: You free after this?? Wanna go on a date of exploration? 😘

Onew flushed and turned around to glare at Minho.

Onew started typing but he was stopped midway as the Professor made his way towards him with a disapproving look in his eyes.
"Give me the phone, Onew. Let me see what has been distracting you so much laterly. ", Professor Ray said.
"I am literally a grown ass adult and I am not making a commotion so why?", Onew thought as he handed his phone to him.
"Minho?? As in Choi Minho?", Professor seemed surprised as turned off the screen and put it back on the desk.

The bell rang and the students scrambled out of their seats. In a matter of few minutes, all the noise and students were out.

"I have high expectations of you and someone like Minho is just going to waste your time. Company makes a man is what people say.", Professor leaned really close to Jinki.

"If company makes a man then being with you would make me a predator. Why does he have to act so nosy in my personal business? I just wanna get out of here", Onew thought.

"Yes sir. I would keep it in mind. I am sorry.", Jinki whispered as he tightened his grip on his bag.

There was a loud thump from where the door of the lecture hall was located.

"Uh... I forgot my phone inside.", Minho appeared in front of the empty space and made his way towards his seat. He made a show of picking up something and then asked Onew, "I am heading to our room. Wanna come?"
Upon hearing 'OUR room', the professor 's eyebrows shot up.
"Uh yeah. YEAH. Let's go.", Onew said and walked as fast as he could to escape the slimy old man.

Onew heaved a breath of relief as they were near the cafeteria. He was shaking a little.
"Are you okay?", Minho said catching upto him.
"Yeah.", Onew had his face down while he muttered. He was too embarrassed to show this side of him to Minho.

"I am pretty sure he is gonna make fun of me. That is just who he is. An insensitive asshole.", Onew thought but unintentionally lifted his eyes when Minho touched his hands.
He was left speechless after seeing worry in Minho's eyes for him.
"Wait. Is CHOI MINHO worried for me? What's up with the way he is looking at me? He looks like a sad puppy. What the fuck?"

"This professor is just kinda weird.", Onew said finally.

"KINDA? He is VERY weird. I overheard what he was saying and what the actual fuck?", Minho said in disbelief. His already huge eyes looked even more wide.

"This is embarrassing that I am so shaky because of this man. I am so tired of dealing with him. It is exhausting.", Onew started to tear up.

Minho felt his heart sink. " Shit. He is tearing up."

"You shouldn't be embarrassed. He is the one who should feel ashamed of making one of his students feel this way.", Minho said as struggled to find ways to comfort him. "Have you told your friends about this?"

Onew suddenly laughed leaving Minho confused. "Average Minho thinking that everyone has so many buddies. Well, I am sorry that I don't."

"I- wait but I thought Key and you were friends?"

"Yeah sure. I actually feel okay now. Thanks.", Onew stood up straighter and took his headphones out.

"It is as if the wall around him was gone for a second and then it came back on.", Minho thought as he watched Onew disappear into the crowd.