79

Minho accepted the throat spray without a fight, though it did make him cough when he accidentally inhaled some. He trusted his dada to make it better. Chan and Changbin were already rummaging through the kitchen, trying to find something soft and mushy for him to eat. The had enough soup but Jisung didn't think Minho would like it, so they had to keep looking. It was Changbin who found some apple sauce at the back of a cupboard and poured some into a small bowl. When he approached his friends with it though, the hybrid was not interested at all. The fever had taken away his appetite entirely and although the throat spray had taken the edge off the pain, a dull ache still remained and the apple sauce just wasn't worth it. Minho also didn't care about their explanations on why he had to eat at least a little. He didn't care about much at all actually.

That changed when Jisung tried to shift him out of his arms. Suddenly, Minho cared a lot and he minded the action a lot. His mate couldn't just leave him when he was already feeling so awful. Clutching the rapper's shirt, Minho tried to whine, to make his disdain known but no sound would come out. "Kitten, I'm ndot goi'g far", Jisung whispered but it barely made a difference to the worked up little, who unexpectedly found himself being picked up by Chan. Placing the hybrid onto his hip, the Aussie shot Jisung a smile and followed the younger into the kitchen. As Jisung started to pull open different drawers, Changbin intervened: "You could just tell us what you need, Sung." – "'m going to cook him sombe porridge", the younger rasped, 's his favorite an' it's soft." – "Okay", Changbin agreed, "Tell me how you usually cook it and I'll do it. You take it easy." Jisung shook his head, causing it to pound dizzyingly. He was glad that Changbin grabbed his arm and steadied him for a moment, so he could regain his equilibrium despite his legs already starting to grow weak. "Mby brain's too mbush too explain", Jisung forced out with a wince. They were right, his voice or what was left of it was already starting to cut out again.

Not wanting to argue with his sick dongsaeng, Changbin brought a chair, so Jisung could sit in front of the stove. Chan had settled Minho on the counter but stayed in front of him the entire time to make sure the little wouldn't get scared while they watched his dada cook. Jisung stirred the pot with Changbin handing him the ingredients and utensils he asked for. Changbin also prepared some more tea for the younger to sip, while he cooked Minho's meal. Jisung hadn't expected something so simple as cooking porridge to zap his energy so quickly. It made it even clearer to him that Chan was right. He wouldn't be able to accompany Minho later but he'd at least make sure that his mate was in the best possible condition for going out. Even if the best possible was still pretty sick.

When Jisung was done cooking, Changbin sent him to sit down and scooped the porridge into a bowl, smiling at Minho urgently pointing at his mate, wanting to join him. Chan carefully placed the hybrid into Jisung's lap before Changbin brought the porridge, so the younger could try to feed his mate. Chan and Changbin watched astonished as Minho accepted every small spoonful of porridge, Jisung held to his lips. Admittedly, Jisung did take it pretty slow, giving his mate as much time as he needed. When he caught his hyungs' surprised looks, the rapper smiled: "Told you it's his favorite." Minho tiredly rested against Jisung's chest, cutely licking his lips after every bite. He didn't purr but the fact that he was eating at all proved to Jisung that he liked it.

"Good job, kitten", Jisung whispered, kissing Minho's ear when the hybrid shook his head, indicating he was full. Stroking the little's flushed cheek, Jisung smiled at his hyungs: "He really loves porridge. You just gotta watch his hands when he has it." – "Why his hands?", Chan asked confused. "Well, you see, Min really-", Jisung chuckled, catching the hybrid's wrist, "Loves putting his hands in it. Kitten, you know we don't do that." Giving his mate a sad pout, Minho slipped his fingers between his lips instead and started to softly gnaw on them. While Chan went to fetch some fever reducers for Minho, Changbin quickly cleared the table, so the little wouldn't manage to mess with the porridge while Jisung was distracted. And distracted he was....

The pressure in his sinuses had shifted from being up and moving, causing that annoying tingle that made it impossible to really focus on anything. Running the cuff of his sleeve under his nose, Jisung tried to get rid of the sensation but couldn't reach it, his breath already starting to hitch. Minho tilted his head, his fingers still lodged between his teeth as he clung to his mate. The hybrid made a surprised sound when Jisung stifled a forceful sneeze against his shoulder, tears of pain filling his eyes almost instantly. "Don't do that", Changbin scolded, handing the younger a tissue, "You're going to make yourself worse like that." Frowning worriedly as he realized his caregiver's breath was still hitching, Minho hugged the other tight, while Jisung cupped the tissue over his nose with both hands. Though he was terrified of the pain that came with sneezing, Jisung didn't manage to fight off a second sneeze, so much more productive than the first one. Handing him a second tissue to clean himself up, Changbin comfortingly patted his back and shot Minho a reassuring smile. His mate would be alright.

Once Chan had Minho medicated and curled up in Jisung's arms on the couch, they gave the couple a bit more than half an hour, so the medicine could start to take effect. Chan once again explained to Minho that they'd need to visit a doctor but that Jisung wouldn't be able to come along. Though struggling to part, Minho still felt pretty protective of his dada and agreed with Chan that the rapper should stay behind and rest. Wanting to make the time apart easier on the hybrid, Jisung dressed him in one of his own oversized hoodies and stroked his soft ears before concealing them under the hood. He pecked Minho's nose before allowing Chan to lead the little out of the apartment. Minho kept looking over his shoulder, trying to keep his eyes on Jisung until the door shut completely.

Jisung just sat there, emptily staring at nothing until Changbin nudged his arm. "Come on, you should use the time well", the older hummed, "How about you take a bath? We can add some menthol bath oil to help clear up the congestion some." Nodding, Jisung rubbed his face and rasped: "I cad barely breathe a'd mby head hurts." – "Mhm, you sound miserable", Changbin agreed with a sympathetic wince, "Why don't you go and pick out a comfy outfit, while I start filling the tub?" He did have to help Jisung up though, the boy swaying dizzily for a few seconds. Though Changbin wasn't sure about leaving the younger out of his sight after that, Jisung was able to convince him that he'd be fine picking out some clothes by himself.

Changbin watched the tub fill and already added the bath oil, so the scent and steam could fill the small room but he started to worry the longer it took for Jisung to join him. When the tub was full and Jisung still nowhere in sight, Changbin turned off the water and went to find the younger. To his relief, his friend wasn't passed out in the hallway like he had feared, instead sitting on the edge of his bed, face buried in a handful of tissues. Jisung didn't hear the older join him, his ears so muffled it sounded like he was under water. With Minho gone and unable to see his tears, Jisung allowed them to flow freely as he caught a painful double. "You should really take some of those decongestants later", Changbin commented as he took a seat next to his friend. The younger startled at first but relaxed as Changbin rubbed his back. The comforting gesture wasn't enough to distract Jisung from the agony of trying to blow his nose. Seeing that he wasn't getting anywhere, he just swiped the tissues under his nose a few times before throwing them into the trash.

Resting his face in his hands, Jisung took a shaky breath. He was exhausted. "Do you want me to help you to the bathroom?", Changbin asked softly, "I could heat up some soup while you soak in the tub, so you can eat and have more medicine. Pretty sure that by the time we have you fed and medicated, Chan and Minho will be back. Min, will probably just as tired and ready for a nap, so you can get your snuggles then, hm?" Giving a defeated nod, Jisung held onto the rapper's strong arm to keep himself from stumbling. He better get moving or else he wouldn't be able to give Minho cuddles right away when the little came home.