Death

Yuzuki's POV,

"Seventh form-Icicle claw" I said and jumped in the air. I was high enough, high enough to see him regenerate. This was perfect time to slay him; I had 22 seconds until he regenerated his hands and legs. That much time was enough for me to slay him. I took a deep breath and aimed for his eyes, this will be my final move, once I pierced his eyes he would take time to regenerate it as eyes were his delicate spot. Then I will attack him for every corner of his body, he would not be able to move much as he will be blinded. As soon as he regenerates his eyes, I will execute him. I will make him see that I killed him.
Everything was going according to plan as I headed to dark his eyes, I didn't saw him down there, wait how was that possible he wouldn't be able to regenerate so fast he was never able to do so in the past attacks I did. When I turned my gaze upwards, I saw him above me, his hands and legs fully generated, "Mirage demon art" he said and placed his finger above my heart.
I fell looking at the moon, I was in his trap, now there was just one fate for me and that was death.

As I fell on ground, I felt my legs fracture and my head bleed. My body was numb due to his Mirage demon art. It was so perfect form of snow breathing, it actually created snowfall. I looked up at the moon, my body slowly getting numb from pain and blood spilling from my head. I looked at snowflake as it fell over my hands. 'Is this it? Am I going to die? Die so soon, so young.' My subconscious said, hoping for me to say something positive over it. But I know my fate and I could feel myself crawling slowly towards my death. There was no point in fooling my heart by telling that I was going to be alright.

"I am sorry father; I wasn't able to kill Hiroyuki." I said as tears fell from my eyes. I was feeling so cold, maybe due to loss of blood I was like this. Never in my career as demon slayer had I felt cold and numb due to ice around me. I trained myself so hard that even a snowstorm cannot pull out the feeling to cold in me.
As I looked up at the snow falling, my whole life flickered in front of my eyes. The random thoughts of subconscious covered my headspace. It was so beautiful; something so delicate like snow was able to cut throats of these sinners. Everyone thought I was that delicate girl who was just perfect to be a wife to someone. I was always told by my siblings and mother that I was weak and nothing could happen to me. In addition, the people in brothel said it too. I had so much to show to my siblings and mother, flaunt to them that I am not weak. I was not able to do anything. I wasn't able to show them where I have reached what have I done, that I did became a useful thing, someone did accept me for myself and admired the goal  which I kept in life. That I was so near to that goal, so dedicated  I was that I was ready to die.
As death lingered around one corner, I realized that I wanted a few more days to live, a few more days to feel the sun on my skin, to have delicious meals with hashiras. A few more days to cherish the life I had and just a few more days to be with Hiroyuki. How badly my heart missed him. That's it I admitted that I wanted to live for few more days, when I was alive all I wanted to was to die.

As I opened my eyes I saw the very demon that gave me my last day on earth, approaching to me. "Die you pathetic human, you all wield no good by living either ways, all you people do is lie and wear masks. We demons just make world a better place we kill these sinners." I heard the demon say.
I blinked my eyes to look at him properly, he looked like a teenage boy, maybe 2 years older than I did and I wondered what made him say such bitter things about humans. I mumbled "don't- y-you da-dare to place cards of innocence after killing naïve people." I said in a shaky voice, it was as if my lungs were running out of oxygen.
"Naïve!" he exclaimed and chuckled "Look at you what you did after being so innocent, you just came to be pathetic girl." He said his words were like a blade in my heart the blade that pierced so deep that it came out from other end. "Also I know you are dying soon, so die while hearing my bitter words you know." He said and sat in front of me; he took my hairs in his hand and pulled my hairs up forcing me to sit up and look at him. "Look at me while I speak to you, you ugly face, such a big scar you have. No wonder brothel did not wanted you. You are so delicate..." he stopped in mid sentence and took my wrist in his fingers. "I could just break you." he said and twisted my wrist, I heard my own bone crack followed by my own scream. He seemed to enjoy me screaming in pain. The poison he placed in my heart was slowly consuming me I was dying I was able to feel it. "Such a shrill vo-"
"I guess you said enough." Were the last words that I heard before the demon's blood spelt all over me. 

Author's Note:
Yes I am very well aware that I am having late updates, but I am kinda stuck in plots and ideas. thanks for bearing with late updates. In addition thanks for support too. 
Peace out