Epilogue

"Joc! Hurry up!" Amy yells at me.

"Chill byatch," I screech back.

"No, seriously hurry!" Libby shrieks, running into Amy's bathroom while I'm trying not to poke my eyes out with eyeliner. "The boys are waiting!" she swoons.

I roll my eyes. "It's just laser tag," I say with a sigh.

"Just laser tag?!" Amy gasps, leaning against the bathroom doorframe. "No sweetie, it's the most epic game of laser tag ever. Battle of the couples - Hunger Games style. Last couple standing are the crowned the victors in Panem. Everyone else does."

"You're weird. But I have no problem killing you." I focus on my reflection again. To be honest with myself, I was terrified of tonight because it was a 'couples' thing, and Julian and I had been taking it slow the past few weeks. I'm not sure if we're a couple again or not.

"Will's new girlfriend terrifies me," Libby admits with a pout. "And Kat too. I think it'll come down to them and their boys."

"I think Tramy will win," I say with a smile, loving the nickname we gave them.

"If they keep their hands off each other for five minutes," Libby adds, and we all crack up.

"My boyfriend's hot. Whatever moles." Amy pokes her tongue at us and then walks away. "Let's go!"

We all jump in Marco Polo and when we arrive at the laser tag centre, the boys and Kat and Tianna are already there.

"Took ya time!" Trent yells as we walk over.

"Blame her!" Amy says, pointing at me briefly before attaching her lips to Trent.

Libby and I exchange an amused look before she goes and stands beside Jayden. I shuffle over beside Julian awkwardly. It's even harder being around him with everyone else here.

"Ready to kick ass?" he asks with a small smile.

"More like ready to get my ass kicked," I correct him.

We go in and get our vests and guns.

"I wish we had laser cats," Amy says, and her and Trent crack up laughing - the rest of us are clueless to their weird jokes.

We decide on some 'rules', we're given instructions by the guy in charge, and then, it's a free for all. We're given time to hide, and Julian and I take off. My hands grip the gun awkwardly.

"What's the plan?" I whisper to Julian as we find a hiding spot on an upper level with great views.

"I don't know," Julian answers, sounding puzzled. "I suck at this kinda stuff."

I stifle a laugh behind my hand. "So should we just give up now?"

Julian chuckles. "Yeah probably." In the low lighting I see his blue eyes light up as he smiles at me. "I'm really glad you're here."

I scrunch my face up in confusion. "I said I'd come."

Julian laughs. "No, I mean.. Like, here with me. Together."

Together? Hearing that single word from Julian makes my heart race.

"You know," Julian says with a smirk, "I'm not overly concerned with this game."

He puts his gun down and places mine with it, then slowly closes the distance between us. I'm pushed up against the wall we were previously using as shelter. Julian's tangle in my hair as he starts to kiss me. It's not like any kiss we've shared before - it's urgent all our worries and frustrations from the past few weeks slip away.

Someone clearing their throat pulls us apart, and when I look up, Amy and Trent are staring at us.

"And you think I can't keep my hands off my boyfriend?" Amy laughs.

"Get ya head in the game, Hulio!" Trent teases.

Julian laughs. "Nah, I think we're gonna split." He looks at me expectantly and there's no way I'll argue.

"No fun!" Amy pouts.

"We just have different ideas of fun," Julian says with a wink and I laugh uncontrollably as Julian takes my hand and leads us away.

Together.