prologue

—

SOYEON walked into the party. the smell of alcohol and sweat lacing her nose. she brushed past the people, making sure to keep hold on ningning's hand.

"soyeon, i'm gonna go find giselle!" ningning yelled over the loud music. soyeon nodded and continued to walk to the drink stand.

she got a cup of brandy, shaking her cup around before taking a sip. she eye'd the people around her, none catching her eye.

she saw karina dancing with a guy causing her to smirk as her and her friend made eye contact.

soyeon noticed karina whisper something in the guys ear before walking over to soyeon, sitting next to her.

"that guy was a fucking pushover. i stole his wallet and everything." the two laughed as they saw the guy patting his pockets for his wallet.

"how much is inside?" soyeon asked, sipping her brandy. karina opened it and gawk eye'd a little bit. "a couple hundred, maybe 860?" karina sighed.

soyeon laughed as karina called him broke. "im gonna go dance." karina nodded, walking off to find a another guy to mess around with.

soyeon brushed past coupls dancing kissing before making her way to the dance floor and dancing herself.

she had drank some vodka before coming to the party, so she was already drunk.

it didn't take long before she felt hands on her hips and someone dancing behind her. she turned around to see a familiar face, but couldnt fully recognized him to her drunk state.

"see you dancing like this makes me want to be selfish about you, soyeon." the guy whispered in her ear. she giggled and kept dancing, swaying her hips to the music in the background.

she felt him tighten his grip on her hips, guiding her. she turned around to fully face him, slinging her arms around the "strangers" neck.

"you dance well." she said in his ear so she won't lose her voice from screaming over the music.

he just grinned, "do you even know who you're dancing with, sweetheart?" he asked, running his hands up and down her back, still being respectful of her body and space.

soyeon looked at him, her vision blurry from the alcohol she's drunk throughout the day. soyeon shook her head, unable to recognize him.

"it's lee heeseung, now don't stop dancing."