Prologue

Ryo POV:

I have always pondered one question throughout my life: the delicate balance between individuality and conformity. After much contemplation, I believe I have found my conclusion.

In the depths of my being, I've grappled with how we navigate societal expectations while staying true to ourselves. It is a relentless pursuit, an exploration of the dance between embracing our unique essence and assimilating into the collective fabric.

The faces that surround me, each with their own stories, have served as both inspiration and contemplation. Some boldly defy the status quo, fearlessly expressing their true selves, while others find comfort within conformity.

But I have come to realize that true harmony lies in the delicate balance between individuality and conformity. It is the dance of honoring our unique perspectives while respecting shared values. It is a journey of self-discovery and growth.

As I navigate life, I strive to find this balance, embracing my uniqueness while recognizing our interconnectedness. It is a pursuit that shapes not only my story but also the collective narrative of humanity, weaving together the threads of individuality and conformity.

I wish to continue...

But my solitude was ruined.

The downsides of being on a public bus I suppose.

The bus was crowded and the cold wind brushed against me.

I took notice of an elderly lady, barely even holding up, is she even alive?

Haha.

I shouldn't let such things disturb me.

I shall enjoy the peaceful weather, visible from the windows of the bus, and the quietness.

Nothing can ruin this moment-

"Don't you think you should give up your seat?" The office lady before me said.

But anything is possible on a public bus I suppose.

Knowing that it wasn't directed toward me I shut my eyes, in hopes that whatever is about to happen happens quickly.

The darkness. It's a beautiful thing.

"You there, can't you see the old woman having trouble?" She continued.

Knowing that at some point, darkness will be all that engulfs you. Wait, that seemed edgy as hell.

"That's a really crazy question, lady." A male voice exclaimed.

"Why should I give this seat to an old woman? There's absolutely no reason for me to give it up." He continued.

While I agree with the foreign voice, he's loud, very loud.

"Isn't it natural to hand over the priority seat to the elderly?"

Not at all, though I didn't dare to voice it, as I already knew the masculine voice would clap back.

"Well well lady, it appears your wavelength is far off, priority seats are just like any other seat, there isn't a law that gives me a legal obligation to move whenever there is an elderly person barely holding up, and it goes for everyone, no matter the person, there is no reason for me to move, as it isn't law enforced. Whether I move or not should be enforced by only one person, and that is myself, who is occupying this seat."

And it arrived like light, the man had found an extremely valid argument.

"I am a healthy young man. So naturally it wouldn't inconvenience me, but standing takes more energy than sitting does, and I wouldn't want to do such a useless thing until I have reached my destination. Hm, or perhaps, are you telling me to be more lively and energetic?"