Chapter 3

"I have placed inside this Vault a Jedi holocron containing a list of names and locations of young Force-sensitives throughout the galaxy."

"The fate of the Jedi Order lies in your hands."

Those words ran through Cal's mind over and over again as he made his journey back to the Mantis. The little droid now sitting his back, BD-1, was who Cere needed him to find. Now that he had, the weight of Eno Cordova's words was crushing his chest. He'd managed to remember a glimpse of his training with Master Tapal, allowing him the ability to wall run and shorten his journey to the ship.

When he returned, he saw Cere waiting for him on the ramp. As he approached, her expression became hopeful as she said, "You passed the test."

BD looked over his shoulder at Cere, Cal grinning at the little droid as he spoke to the former Jedi. "So, you knew about BD-1?"

She chuckled, gesturing for him to follow and saying, "Come on board. We'll talk inside."

Y/n heard the doors opening again from the medical cot, and stood up to greet Cal back from his journey. She didn't expect to see a little droid jumping from his shoulder as soon as he came back on board. "Oh, BD-1, this is Greez and Y/n. Hey, guys," Cal smoothly said.

Y/n's grin widened as BD-1 scampered up onto the common room table and hopped on the sofa, Greez letting out, "What is that??" BD let out a few beeps, Greez's eyes widening once he realized the droid was on his couch. "Get off my sofa! Get! Get off my sofa! Get outta there! Get out!" Greez exclaimed as he ran the little droid back to Cal's legs.

"That is BD-1," Cal answered his first question. "He's with us."

"I don't care who he's with!" Greez bit back, looking from Cal to his precious sofa. "Do you have any idea how hard it is to get oil stains out of potolli-weave fabric?!"

As Greez tried to scrub it out with his hands, Cal carelessly said, "Not really."

"Well, I think he's wonderful," Y/n spoke as she knelt down to the droid, mostly to get on Greez's nerves. BD-1 placed his head under her hands for her to pet his head, causing her to laugh at the movement. "Oh! It's nice to meet you, BD."

Boo-bee-boop

"He said-"

"'Nice to meet you, too'," Y/n finished for Cal, looking up at him with raised brows. "I know Binary. In the lower levels of Coruscant, you kinda have to."

Boop beep-bo trill!

While BD-1 was just happy someone else understood him, Cal's thoughts caught onto what Y/n had said. She was from the lower levels of Coruscant? He wondered if perhaps she was anywhere near the Jedi Temple while he was still a Youngling, or even during his training as a Padawan.

"I hope you found something better out there than this droid," Greez scowled as Y/n stood.

"Oh, calm down, Greez. He did," Cere silenced the Latero. She looked to Cal, who sat on the stairs leading to the kitchen. "Tell us, Cal."

Y/n sat down on the couch beside Cal as he began, saying, "The Vault was built by an ancient civilization called the Zeffo. A Jedi named Eno Cordova hid something inside of it."

"What did he hide inside?" Cere anxiously questioned him.

"A holocron from the Archives," Cal paused. "It contains a list of Force-sensitive children."

Y/n's eyes widened at the words, while Cere gave a breath of disbelief. "The next generation of Jedi. I knew it!" She stepped away with a smile on her face, wider than one Y/n had seen from her in a long time. "Ah, Cordova, you old fool!"