Chapter 13

They were met with Imperial stormtroopers as soon as they made it out of the crypt. Trilla had discovered that they had survived the fall from the sarcophagus, and was quick to fill the tomb with even more stormtroopers than before to rid the Empire of the two. Because Cal had remembered and fixed his connection with the Force, he was able to return them to the center of the tomb quicker than before, now able to solve the puzzle of the crypt. Cal seemed to know what to do, thankfully, for Y/n was completely lost on how the Zeffo worked their tombs.

Finally, when they discovered the center of the tomb was a lift back to the surface, they entered it. Immediately, BD-1 scurried to a drawing on the wall, and another of Cordova's messages began to play for them. Y/n raised her brows at the hologram, having never seen Cordova before. He was old, with a receding hairline and a beard covering his chin. He was wearing the traditional Jedi attire of robes. Y/n suddenly wondered what Cal would look like in the Jedi garment. She'd only ever seen him in ponchos and his scrapper gear. Surely he'd have to have worn them as a child in the Order.

Shaking her head free of these thoughts, she refocused back on Cordova as he began speaking. "Here it is. I have finally found an intact representation of this sacred Zeffo artifact," he said, gesturing to the petroglyphs before them. " My friend, look closely. This is Miktrull at the Vault on Bogano. You can see an object in their hand. Based on this imagery, I believe this object allows a Force wielder to perceive the mysteries of the vault. This is the key and the guide. The Zeffo Astrium." Cal watched the video recording closely. He had never heard of an Astrium before. "But who would destroy images of it and why? It requires more research. However... our next step is clear. Find an Astrium, if any still exist."

The hologram disappeared as the lift came to a stop. "An Astrium," Cal repeated, more to himself. Looking to the droid and the girl beside him, he asked, "Either of you ever heard of it?"

Be-boooop... BD answered with a shake of his head.

"Can't say that I have," Y/n responded as she looked over the cave paintings. Her finger ran over the edge of the gold painting. "These Zeffo really went to a lot of trouble to keep their secrets locked up tight.

"So people like the Empire wouldn't get ahold of it all," Cal replied and came up to her side to stand beside her. His eyes gazed over the painting as she did, sighing as he continued. "Never heard of an Astrium before. But a key... Yeah, I understand that. Looks like we know what we have to find."

"So, we find this Astrium, wherever one might be because we don't know the location, bring it back to Bogano, open up the vault, grab the holocron, and then..." Y/n trailed off, her hands out gently as a she gestured. "What? We find those kids? You start up a new Order?"

Cal shrugged as he led them both out of the lift, bringing his arm up to block the sudden rays of sun hitting his light eyes painfully. Y/n did the same when she followed, hearing him say, "That is the plan, hopefully."

"So then you'll be 'Master Cal Kestis, protector of the galaxy'," she spoke dramatically, making Cal chuckle slightly at her words.

"Let's add the 'protector of the galaxy' title after we actually take down the Empire," Cal responded, bringing his arm down once they hit the shade. "We still have the entire Imperial force we need to eradicate."

"Yeah..." Y/n spoke, and a sudden thought came to mind. She hesitated before speaking, knowing this would be touchy considering where they were. "Those kids on that list... you're sure it's the best thing taking them and training them to be Jedi?"

Cal stopped, looking over at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Of course. Without the Jedi, there can never be peace," he answered back, however hesitantly. He didn't expect something like that coming from her. She had been by his side trying to get this holocron his entire mission. She couldn't suddenly think it was all one horrible idea. "Would you rather we leave it to the Empire to find?"