Chapter 11

Greez wasn't often one to try and barge into other people's business. He prided himself on that fact. Now, other people might disagree, but he just wanted to keep to his beloved ship, flying to wherever his heart, or Cere's plans, wanted to take him. Of course, it became hard when other people's business find their way onto his ship. Like the bogling he discovered was eating all his food. He blamed Cal for that one. The damn kid just couldn't keep the little thing on Bogano. Another thing he blamed Cal for was the awkward tension between him and their resident doctor.

The Latero man had seen who he thought to be the most stubborn people in his life on multiple different planets throughout his travels. Never did he think he would have to witness such stubborn nature in his own precious Mantis. Y/n and Cal were filling the cockpit with a strange, and rather weird, atmosphere of unease. Now, Greez knew it wasn't the normal kind of unease that you got when you didn't like someone on board. He had seen that type too much for this thick atmosphere to resemble anything like that. Hell, he had been at the center of it once, for some reason. This certain type of tension was what you got when you liked someone too much on board a ship.

Greez was going to kick whichever one of them was responsible for it in the butt.

It was almost suffocating, watching the little googly eyes Cal made from behind Y/n's co-pilot seat, or the cough made out to be discomfort Y/n made whenever Cal reached over to see what she was looking at. Neither of them could see it in themselves, or each other for that matter, but Greez was a master of infatuation. Latero girls chased him day and night back on Lateron when he was in the flying academy (being a pilot raised his chances by a lot). He could tell that one of them, or both of them, was trying to hide the fact that there's a new feeling in the air around them.

It was starting to make him sick.

"Cal, sit down. We're landing," Greez barked to the boy Jedi, who raised his head from the scanners in surprise and sat behind the pilot's seat. Greez shook his head in disbelief, grumbling, "Humans are all so unbearably thick."

Y/n, hearing his words, gave him a look of confusion before shaking her head in dismissal and turning back to her own seat. Soon enough, Greez took the Mantis out of hyperspace and they carefully approached the familiar planet. Greez hid the ship well, landing on the same platform as before to assure Cal knew where he was and to keep their ship out of the eyes of the Empire occupying the planet.

Y/n stood from her seat, walking past Cal as she approached the door of the ship and clicking it open. Letting out a breath, she looked to her side to see Cal standing beside her. She noticed he had been on edge since she found him earlier that day, awake from his slumber. He seemed shaken from something, but she wasn't sure what could possibly have made him so jittery near her.

"Hey," she said, lightly tapping his arm with the back of her hand. The touch made him blink back to reality, looking her in the eyes. "Are you okay?"

She saw a moment's hesitation. "Yeah. I'm great," he answered with a quick nod. Turning, he left the ship quickly, looking back to say, "Come on. No time to lose."

Y/n could easily see the lie in Cal's eye. Mainly because he avoided looking into hers. Walking down the ramp, she continued. "Are you sure? 'Cause you've been on edge since you woke up earlier today."

"Y/n, it's nothing. It was... just a bad dream. That's all," Cal told her, walking across the landing pad to open the door they had unlocked the visit before. "I allowed it to shake me more than I should." Y/n looked him over, waiting for a further response. When he gave none, she sighed and started ahead, taking out her blaster to prepare for any stormtroopers.

Cal blew through his lips in relief. BD gave a little shake of his head, saying, Beep bwoop brr whir.

Cal shushed him quietly, waving his hand in a gentle 'don't' manner, and said, "We'll talk about it later, BD. I don't want to freak her out, alright?" He had ended up telling the droid what he saw after BD-1 would not leave him alone about it. There were only so many beeps and trills a guy could take before he caved.