45

The confined hallways of the modern vessel turned obscure, while the crewmates waited for an unanticipated Winter storm to strike the Ocean at any minute, and cause the temperature to drop below zero, later on that night.

For now, they continued to ice skate and enjoy themselves out on the deck, never once realizing that Zoro was no longer in his spot.

Currently, the Swordsman had already made it down the eerie cold hallway, finding his way to his shared bedroom with Luffy.

He quickly opened the door, rather shocked to find his Captain sitting still in complete solace.

"Everyone's using the Sunny as an ice skating rink. Wanna watch the guys break their asses with me?"

"Are you asking me out on a date, Zoro?" Luffy joked, acting intrigued by the older man's question.

Zoro got closer to the boy, reeling him in for a passionate embrace.

In his eyes, Luffy could see the red-blooded gallant man's intentions, yet he didn't feel intimidated by them.

Deep down inside, the Captain felt the same way.

Once he was tainted by the hands of a barbaric predator, Luffy never thought to lust over anyone ever again. Especially not over a man.

But Zoro wasn't any ordinary "man".

He was a man who he's put his trust in for years, and nothing could ever change that for Luffy.

The amount of love they have for one another can't be expressed through words.

Their type of love was pure yet deadly, like a rose with thorns: Beautiful and harmful, all at once.

Beautiful because of the affection they possessed for each other... And harmful because of the obstacles that have altered parts of their relationship.

Parts that prevented Luffy from enjoying this moment to the fullest without feeling anxious.

"Ready to watch 'Usopp on Ice'? Because I think I heard a loud thud just now." Zoro divulged behind a devious little grin, and a mischievous laughter.

"WAIT! DON'T FALL YET, USOPP!! I WANNA SEE!!"

Luffy held onto his lover's arm, dragging him outside of their bedroom with an excited facial expression.

"HUH!? WHAT THE CRAP IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, YOU BASTARD!?" Usopp argued.

"IT MEANS DON'T FALL UNTIL I GET THERE."

"To catch meeeee?"

"Huh? No. To watch you break your butt, like Zoro said!"

"To watch me!? WAIT, WHADDAYA MEAN, 'LIKE ZORO SAID'? ZORO, YOU THREE-SWORD-STYLE SON OF A SNITCH!"

"Luffy, wanna try?" Sanji chimed in, holding out a pair of ice skates.

"YEAH!"

"Come here, I'll help you put them on."

Watching over everyone as they all gathered up on the deck, near the areas that froze overnight from a precious snow storm, Zoro smiled fondly at Sanji and Luffy while the Cook.

"Luffy, have you ever ice skated before?"

"No, but my Grandpa once threw me into a frozen lake."

"Close enough, that's plenty of experience." The duo started laughing.

Their interactions encouraged Zoro to have a long, five hour nap on the deck, as he knew now that Luffy was finally comfortable around Sanji, again.