3

My head felt heavy as I struggled to keep my eyes open. The sun was beginning to set and we have done nothing but watched the window in silence. The kingdom had long faded from our view and left us only trees and streams to watch.

"Tired?" The Prince speaks up and I quickly shake my head, "Not at all." I snap and force myself to sit up straighter. He hums, "You have yet to ask me my name." I look to him with disgust, "I assumed it was piggie.. but you seem more like a boar." I cross my arms and watch him chuckle, "Got a bit of fire in you.. I prefer it that way." My lips frowned deeply as I turned back to the window.

"I prefer men with more hair and teeth that didn't match the color of a cow's urin-" I didn't get to finish my sentence as a shout from outside made me pause. Despite his size, the prince was quick to close the curtains and slide to my side of the carriage.

I'd much rather face what approached us than the man before me. He could tell as he rolled his eyes at my face.

"Im silent, ya hate me. I protect you, ya hate me." He snaps at me and I lean away, "Im happy you know." I snap back and we fall into a silence.

The carriage had fallen to a stop and it was clear the Prince was terrified. I'd safely assume he'd die of a stroke if I decided to suddenly scream. I let myself dwell on it for a moment before shaking my head. Id rather slip away in the night than risk whatever stopping this carriage know I was inside.

"What's the hold up?!" The Prince yelled and we listened to the driver's muffled voice, "T-The trees! They're in the trees!" It was quick and panicked before a pained scream filled the air, making my heart rate pick up, "W-What is it?" I looked to the Prince who watched the door and window carefully, "An ambush." He explained before reaching under our seat and grabbing a dagger. My arms wrapped around my body as I watched him in complete silence.

"Royal Guard. Open up." A man's voice commanded from outside the carriage door. Both of our eyes widened,"My father?" I couldn't help the smile that began to lift on my lips as I moved towards the door. My body was quickly yanked back by the Prince, who's eyes reflected fear, "No.. They're thieves.." He pushed me back in the seat before covering my mouth with his hands, "Do not say a word. They cannot know you are here." My eyes widened and I slowly nodded my head.

He fixed his raggedy clothing and thin hair nervously. I would have laughed at his stupid attempt if I wasn't so terrified.

He turned back to my one last time as he placed his hand on the door handle, "Silent." He reminded me and I nodded my head quickly as I watched him turn back towards the voices. He peeked his head out hesitantly, "Good Evening, Gentlemen." He greeted before sliding his way out carefully. I could only peek past his body for a moment and it was all I needed to see the ground coated with red. I gasped silently as my hand flew over my mouth.

The driver was clearly dead and I knew it was a matter of time before the prince was next. I couldn't even promise my own safety from how I was dressed either.

The door shut behind him quickly but I couldn't help as I scooted closer and listened to the muffled sound of men talking. The voices escalated briefly before it fell to quiet once again.

I refused to deal with anything that was about to come my way. I did nothing to deserve the day I was having and I would simply be damned if I let myself get killed over this stupid wedding or valuables from the castle.

My eyes scanned the cart until they fell on the window. I hesitated, knowing it would be just my luck I would pass out trying to climb out this cart from this corset or even my dress getting stuck on the carriage.