ʙᴀɴᴀɴᴀ ᴍɪʟᴋ - ᴊɪᴜɴɢ

"vanilla or vanilla?" you ask in english, grabbing the pure vanilla extract from the cupboard. pursing your lips, you slowly poor some onto the 1/2 tsp. measurer.

"va... nilla?" jiung's voice raises in pitch by the end of his question. he wasn't sure what you were asking.

"the pronunciation," you say, adding the extract to the blender. "do you say it with the i or the e. i say it with the e. vanella."

"i think i say it both ways." jiung pushes the chopped up banana over to you, picking up the extract for you. "why do you bring it up?"

"keeho and i were bickering about it, so i wanted to get your take on it."

jiung laughs softly, taking a piece of banana and popping it into his mouth. "keeho bickers over everything." he stands by you, leaning his back against the counter as he watches you slide the banana pieces off the cutting board and into the blender.

"true. do you have milk?"

jiung crosses his arms, squinting his eyes. "it would've been great to ask that before we started."

you giggle, tilting your head to a downward angle slightly. "i forgoooooot."

though he tries not to, jiung can't help but smile. he pushes himself off the counter and checks the fridge for milk. fortunately there's a little left.

"you're lucky intak hasn't had his ungodly hour cereal craving yet." he hands you the milk and you laugh at his remark.

"hopefully the blender doesn't wake anyone up."

"i don't even think they know we own a blender." jiung is standing by your side now, his hand placed softly at your waist.

"well there isn't enough for them, so." you shrug, closing the lid. you reach down to the buttons to start blending, but you realize it's in japanese.

"it was a gift from shota's mom," jiung says upon seeing your hesitation. "it's this one." he clicks the button for you.

the blender makes a loud sound, and you feel jiung's hand tense on your waist. turning your head to look at him, you pull your smile back and widen your eyes. he smiles, letting out a short laugh.

the blender turns off on its own, and thankfully the bananas seem blended enough to not have to sit through another two minutes of that.

jiung grabs two cups from the cupboard above you and you poor the drink into the glassware.

"homemade banana milk taste test," jiung says, and he takes a sip of the drink. you watch for his reaction as you take a small sip of yours.

he takes the cup away from his mouth and smacks his tongue as he squints his eyes, brows furrowed, in thought.

"it's lacking something."

"you didn't have condensed milk."

"that's probably it," he says, pointing a finger. "it's good though. i like it. not sure if it's something i'd make at 4:36 in the morning, though."

"okay, my bad," you purse your lips, as you put your unoccupied hand in the air in guilt.

"let's finish this and then head to bed, yeah?" you nod, and take another sip of your drink. jiung is halfway finished his.

as you take the last sip of your drink, you hear footsteps coming from up the hallway. jiung takes yours and his glass, setting them in the sink for jongseob to do tomorrow morning (sorry not sorry, jb) he thinks.

intak appears in the kitchen and he eyes the two of you suspiciously.

"who's blender ...?"

"ours. we've always had it."

intak frowns in amusement, humming as be nods his head. he goes to the fridge, and you and jiung smile to each other as you sneak out of the kitchen, giggling like little kids when you hear intak groan.

"who the fuck drank all of my milk?"

ˏˋ°• requests are open *⁀➷