ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴏᴋᴀʏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴏᴋᴀʏ - ᴛʜᴇᴏ

"stop doing that."

you gulp, your eyelids blinking slowly. humming, you turn your head slightly towards the boy laying beside you. your sat on the bed with your knees to your chest—hands wrapped around your legs.

"you're thinking too much." taeyang is laying on his side with his arms tucked under his head. he lifts his hand to caress your leg softly—his eyes following.

"am not," you whisper, though you didn't intend to. your voice came out weaker than you wanted. taeyang noticed it, you know he did. he noticed your mood when you walked through the door.

"you'll get wrinkles if you keep doing that." taeyang's voice broke through the silence of the room—save for the sound of the small fan placed on the dresser. that's why it's cold in here. your gaze stays fixed on the blanket.

"hey," taeyang says, getting up from his spot to sit next to you. he leans forward slightly, one leg off of the bed, while the other is crossed. his hand gently grips your arms, his thumb stroking your skin. "what's wrong, baby?"

you inhale shakily, swallowing the built up saliva. tears well up in your eyes, and you try to blink them away hurriedly. taeyang tilts his head slightly to see your face. upon seeing your tears, his heart breaks; eyes softening, and lips parting moderately.

"i don't know," you sob, breathing heavily. you pull your legs tightly towards you. "i'm gett– getting bad again."

taeyang shifts closer to you, hesitantly wrapping his arms around you. "can i touch you?" you nod.

so he embraces you tightly, his hand holding your head, as well as his cheek resting against it. you continue to cry, and taeyang doesn't say anything—he lets you cry.

eventually, you start hiccuping. you don't have the energy to cry anymore, but your heart still feels heavy. taeyang pulls away, but his hands stay around you, and he's only a few inches away.

"it's okay," he whispers, blinking tears away. "it's okay to feel this way."

you continue to hiccup, not turning to face your boyfriend. you feel his breath on your face.

"do you have any thoughts of–"

"no," you say, shaking your head. "i promise i haven't thought of that."

taeyang nods, but you can't see him. his grip on you tightens, and you can hear him let out a shaky breath.

"what can i do?" he asks, his voice cracking. "to help."

turning to face him, you smile softly. "you being here is enough."

his eyes switch back and forth between yours, and a smile forms on his lips. taeyang leans in slowly, his eyes glancing down at your lips. you do the same. and once your lips collide—tasting of salty tears and cake batter chapstick—you follow each other's pace.

taeyang pulls away first, trying to hide his smile, though seeing your smile plastered, his grows wider. he pulls you towards him, laying down on the bed. you giggle as he cackles. as the two of you quiet down, you roll over to your spot next to him.

"i'm tired," you say, catching your breath.

"me too."

you turn to your side to face your boyfriend. feeling your movement, he looks at you, before mirroring your position.

"goodnight yangie," you smile. "i love you."

taeyang lets out a breath, a laugh. "and i love you." you smile, closing your eyes.

"y/n?" taeyang asks after some time. you peek your eye open, noticing the darkness that's overcome the bedroom.

"tae?" you ask.

"can i hold you?"

"yes." you turn over, trying not to make too much noise, and shift closer to taeyang. his arm snakes loosely around your waist, before pulling you closer to him. his face rests in the crook of your neck.

"you're going to be okay, y/n."

ˏˋ°• requests are open *⁀➷