Chapter 1

This one's for @nadaaaaaa_ glad you like the previous chapter ^^
•~•~•
I looked outside of the window as the rain poured heavily. Droplets of water hit the glass loudly while the teacher lectured us about the laws of physics and what not. I'm seriously contemplating on whacking this dude upside the head. He's giving off stupid information. Things that I'm pretty sure even the idiots in this class already knew in the beginning of the year. We've learnt this topic in 9th grade. I'd understand if he was simply recapping what we had learned but he was taking way too much time for this to be a brief recap of what we had learnt a few years ago.

I sighed in frustration as I went through the notes I've jotted down this year and then look out the window. I wouldn't be learning anything new if I listened to this teacher ramble away anyway. I set my chin on my palm and continued to watch the light shower outside. How am I going to go home now?

I use the bus since my mother thought it was a good idea to ignore my wishes for a car. The problem is even though I won't be drenched while I'm on the bus, I will certainly be soaked during the small walk from the bus stop to my house and bringing an umbrella doesn't work either, it's useless. Trust me, I've tried. It ends up in a pit full of shit. Just dandy, don't you think?

I sighed heavily, thinking of the trouble I'll have to go through soon just to get home. I shuddered as I thought about the seeping coldness from my soaked clothes. As you might be able to tell, I've walked home in the rain a lot. Why doesn't Mom just buy me a car? I've been asking for one for ages now; still no good. The bell rang and students rushed out of the class with the teacher shouting reminders at us from behind that, of course, went into deaf ears.

I walked down the hall, going with the steady current of students rushing out of the building, eager to get off out of school. I took a step down the small set of stairs that led to the open ground but stopped as I watched the downpour of rain get heavier by the second. The rumble of thunder in the distance and the echo of the rain hitting the roof above my head made me hesitate. I watched as puddles formed on the uneven pavement in front of my feet and grumbled under my breath as I reached up to tie my hair into a high ponytail. I blew the baby strands that fell over my eyes, preparing to push through the relentless heavy pour of rain.

A second before my shoes landed on the wet pavement, a voice stopped me and made me draw my foot back. "Need a ride?"

'That voice, I know that voice' I thought, trying to remember where I've heard it before; and then it hit me.

'Shit, I know that voice' I thought again, this time my mind sounded an alarm for me to scram before I get myself into some deep shit.

Instead, my body decided it was time to be a stubborn chic that's on her period and turned to face the source of said voice. I awkwardly looked at him before proceeding to avoid his gaze.

"Uh, erm. Err- uh," was my intelligent answer to his offer and I felt my cheeks burn. 'Dammit Luce, can't you at least give him a straight answer?' my subconscious chided me and I looked up to face his amused stare.

"What I meant to say was, yes. If it isn't too much trouble," I answered absentmindedly. After realizing what I just said, my eyes visibly widened and I turned to hit my head on a dry spot on the wall next to me.

Dammit. What did I get myself into now.

"Don't worry, Princess, I won't try anything on you, if that's what you're worried about. Despite what people might say, you could actually say I'm a decent guy, or at least that's what the girls say." He said, giving me a wink and a smirk. I wonder how many girls have fallen for that look. I sure felt tempted to abandon all rational thoughts and just let him have his way with whatever.