Chapter : 03

Soobin

Soobin

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

I moved to shield Beomgyu with my chest when Gintoki signalled his fellows to step aside. Then he spitted out his cigarette on the ground and stomped on it by one of his feet.

"Come on then!" he exclaimed with roar while throwing his head back, showing his fangs out and exhaling last smoky breath. Everyone in the crowd became so excited. They were betting on Gintoki in themselves. But I noticed something, a reflection of shine from Beomgyu's shaking hands which were hidden behind his back. My eyes focused on it and noticed an unusual thing.

"A knife? " I gasped in horror. Everything became clear to me. He wanted to save everyone by sacrificing himself. My eyes started to glow with salty tears. I quickly shoved Beomgyu out of there and dragged him out of the ring. He was frantically trying to get out of my grasp which I was determined to not let go. I Didn't want to lose my only friend.

"W-why?" His voice cracked only uttering one word as his eyes glittered with tears which reflected his helplessness. It made me recognise my old and known Beomgyu. I wrapped both of my arms around him. He dropped his knife while flinching a little bit before tightly hugging me back. I could feel his cold tears on my  shoulders which went through my clothing. His whole body was vibrating with heart breaking sobs.

"I-I" He chocked on his own words and couldn’t manage to say a word. I patted on his back.

"It's okay, I know. Go and take your inhaler, I will take your place today." breaking the hug I said. He was trying to say something but lips only opened for letting sobs out. I falsely smiled warmly at him and told him that I would be fine but my heart was saying the otherwise.

"Hey stop the melodrama!" Gintoki barked at us. I told Beomgyu to go away which he obeyed by leaving the ground to reach for his inhaler. Gintoki squinted his eyes as he saw his challenger leave and a yell roared out from his throat which spat some his saliva. I strongly told him while looking straight at his eyes that I would fight with him.

"I don't care! Any of a fly like you will do. Just come and see what I do with your ugly face!" He loudly laughed at me with his scar got wider. My body was becoming numb, forehead was sweating with tension wrapped around my mind. I tried my best to shake of my fear while walking in the ring. I stood rooting on the ring.

A fellow of Gintoki played the role of referee. As soon as the match started I felt a burning punch on my left swollen cheek which made my  flesh almost came off my cheek bone. I felt numb a  few seconds before burning sensation hits hard on my face. Before I could scream out my pain another stone punch hits hard my thin stomach making me fall off my feet. I closed my eyes as sinister snickers entered my ear along with countdown.

"Hey you dumb! If you lose I will kill you! I bet 20 bucks on you!" A person from the crowd was yelling at me.

" Hey Soobin, why are you doing this?" I asked my inner self, "Why are you trying to act like a hero?" My face curved into shape of O as I throb with pain. My inner self was silent which made me to hate myself more. 

I could hear the referee counting to 5. I couldn’t open my eyes as pain enveloped my whole body. Finally my inner self smiled and said, "Let's try our best. Let's save us, Beomgyu and others. Because we are the hero of our on life." I quickly opened my eyes. Before the referee could count 10, I slowly moved my body with all might I have and stood on my unstable feet.

"It's not easy to kill a flying object." A sly smirk curves on my face which made his one of brow raise. He let out a loud scream before coming with fierce agility, bailing his fist into a punch. I quickly ducked and he punched on the air.

I gather all my force and kicked hard on his ass making him fall on his stomach. Everyone gasped for a few seconds before bursting with screaming excitement. It was first time hearing everyone to shout my name.

Of course, Tohun members didn't, they were clicking their tongue. Gintoki screamed with burning rage and came running furiously in try of punching me. I blocked his blow with my arm and kicked on his stomach. 

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice calling my name, cocking my head I saw Mia waving at me happily. But It was a huge mistake as a burning kick lands on my weak part of lower half. I fell on the ground, my whole body was numb after the impact. I couldn’t feel my lower part.

Gintoki started to stomp on my soft stomach furiously. I gagged with pain ran through every cell of body. I felt my bones were breaking for the impact. Several semi healed cuts opened again. He was a total psycho.

I screamed loudly, more loudly more and more, while coughing pool of blood out from my body. My uniform was soaked with my own blood. Harsh grass was pinning on my back. I begged him to stop, but he was not listening. I couldn’t take the pain as my legs furiously swinged up and down.

"You will always be a loser! Jezz!" I heard Mia's voice clearly as the whole crowd was silent.

"Wasn’t it supposed to be a fist fight?"

"What is happening here? It wasn’t suppose to happen."

Scared crowd was whispering themselves. Tohun member were trying their best stop Gintoki from beating me.

I was tired, tired to lose, tired to get beaten, tired of everything.

"If you don't defend yourself, no one can save us. " My inner self shouted with me. I gave last shoot by biting hard on his leg. He roared and groaned with pain while kicking hard on my head.  I stung my teeth deeper on his leg which made the strikes on my head more harder.

"I'll not lose again. No not again!" I uttered in my mind.

"You animal! " He spat on my hair before yelling, "Bring me my bat!"

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*