Beyond Numbers | Jongho x reader

College AU | jongho as your math tutor

Jongho was known for his exceptional math skills, a reputation that had spread across the college campus. As a diligent and focused student, he often found himself helping others struggling with the subject. It was no surprise when he received a request to tutor a fellow student who was on the verge of failing math.

The day of their first tutoring session arrived, and Jongho walked into the assigned  study room, glancing around to find the person he was meant to help. Their eyes met, and a shy smile graced their lips.

Jongho extended his hand. "Hi, I'm Jongho. You must be the one I'm here to tutor."

You two shook hands, your touch sending a warm sensation through Jongho. "Nice to meet you, Jongho. I'm glad you're willing to help me out." You said.

As the tutoring sessions progressed, Jongho discovered that there was so much more to you, the person sitting across from him than your struggles in math. You both engaged in light-hearted conversations, gradually unveiling their shared interests and aspirations.

Jongho leaned back in his chair, a playful glint in his eyes. "So, apart from math, what else do you enjoy doing in your free time?"

You chuckled, a hint of mischief in your voice. "Well, I love reading, exploring new coffee shops, and taking long walks in the park. How about you?"

Jongho smiled, feeling a connection forming between them. "I'm a bit of a foodie, so I enjoy trying out new restaurants and experimenting with cooking. And I have a soft spot for playing the piano."

With each tutoring session, Jongho and the you grew closer, your conversations flowing effortlessly. You share stories of your past, dreams for the future, and your perspectives on life. Your interactions went beyond the confines of math problems, and a genuine bond started to develop.

One evening, as you worked through a particularly challenging equation, Jongho couldn't help but notice your frustration. He put his pencil down and leaned forward, his voice gentle and reassuring. "Hey, take a deep breath. You're doing great, and I believe in you."

You looked up, your eyes meeting Jongho's gaze, and a small smile graced your lips. "Thank you, Jongho. Your belief in me means a lot." You answered.

As the tutoring sessions continued, your math skills improved, but your connection with Jongho grew stronger. They found comfort in each other's presence, a support system they hadn't anticipated. The boundaries between tutor and student blurred, replaced by a shared understanding and affection.

One day, after a successful tutoring session, jongho and you sat together in the study room, a comfortable silence enveloping you both. Jongho's heart raced as he mustered the courage to speak.

"You know," he began, his voice slightly shaky, "our time together has meant so much to me. I've come to appreciate you for more than just a student I'm tutoring. Would you maybe like to go on a date with me?"

Your eyes widened, a mix of surprise and delight crossing their face. A smile tugged at your lips. "I'd love to, Jongho. I've been hoping you'd ask."

Your first date was filled with laughter, shared stories, and stolen glances. Jongho and you discovered new facets of each other, your connection deepening with each passing moment. The worries of math problems faded into the background, replaced by the joy of exploring a blossoming relationship.

As time went on, your love grew stronger. You faced challenges together, celebrated each other's achievements, and created beautiful memories. Jongho continued to inspire you academically, but it was his unwavering support, kindness, and the love you shared that truly made their bond flourish.

Word Count: 600