Chapter 09 | I can't do it

kevinesmiamorr

BIG MAN: Pope Heyward

BIG MAN: Pope Heyward. Tonight.
Sofia, this is all you.

__________

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

"What do you mean they know?" Sofia questions, very loudly making Rafe and JJ shush her. "Do you want the two people in the living room to know what we do?" Rafe asked, Sofia shaking her head no.

"Did you guys see what Cleo texted, or whoever big man is now?" JJ asked, showing his phone for the other two to see.

"Why me?" Sofia paces. "I could have done anyone else but I can't to him," Sofia cries, as the two men wrap themselves around Sofia. "Do you guys realize if we kill him, all our friends beside Quinn will be dead?"

"Hello," Rafe breaks apart and waves to the two, "what about me?" "Well obviously but like pouge wise I guess," Sofia says. Breaking apart, Sofia pulls herself together and the three agree to go back out and face the two they left in the dark.

Going back, Pope and Quinn lay together on the couch, watching a movie completely unaware of the three behind them.

"Awwwww," JJ says, as the two quickly pull apart, the room very silent now. Sofia smacks the back of JJ's head. "Oww," he complains, rubbing the back of it.

"Suck it up," Sofia says, placing a kiss on his cheek and going to sit down. "Hey Sof?" Pope asks. "Hmm?" "Can I stay over tonight? My parents won't be home until Sunday."

"You don't have to ask to stay over, Pope, you're welcome anytime," Sofia says, giving him a soft smile.

"Do you have any wraps? I wanna make a sandwich," Quinn asked as JJ shook his head. "I think I used the last one a few days ago, sorry." "I need to go to the store anyways today so I can go now if you want," Sofia says, already putting her shoes on.

"Can you just drop me off back home so I can get my stuff?" Pope asked. Nodding her head, the two get ready to go. Rafe stands up, stretching, "I'm gonna head out for a little bit," Rafe says. "I'm going to the store as well with you two. Need to get more beers," JJ says, winking at Sofia.

Quinn on the other hand stays silent. "I might just go far a walk, you know, get some fresh air," she says awkwardly. Even though Quinn has been with the group for a while now, sometimes she feels like she doesn't fit in all the time. The only reason she is there is because of Sofia.

"Why don't you come with me?" Rafe asked. "It will be better than going to the grocery store, I can bet you that," Rafe adds on, making her laugh. "I love the grocery store," Quinn exclaims. "But I kinda wanna know where you are going," she adds.

"Then let's go," Rafe motions for Quinn to hurry up so they can leave. Pope, Sofia, and JJ are already gone, it just left the two of them alone.

__________