III || The Bar

Hey guys! For this chapter I'm going to try first-person point of view to see if I like it more than second-person point of view! Feel free to let me know which one you like more! Enjoy!

Word count: 1,451 words

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This is what Jo's wearing! This is not my photo! I got it off Pinterest!)

Glastonbury was a success! Eggsy was able to plant the tracker, which led to an awkward conversation on the plane ride back to HQ. When the three of us got back to HQ, Eggsy was able to get Agent Galahad (the original Galahad) to regain his memory. So, Jack, Eggsy, Galahad, Eggsy's friend Merlin, and I met up at a bar to discuss our next plan of action.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were all seated at a booth and Jack, Galahad, and I were all squeezed into one side. Jack was leaning up against the window and I was practically sitting in his lap, which didn't bother him in the slightest.

"Now that we've finished the debrief, Harry... here's a couple of welcome back gifts. First up..." Eggsy pauses and holds up a fancy-looking watch, "a brand new Kingsmen watch" Eggsy hands the watch to Galahad, "Advanced software, it can hack into anything with a microchip, it is the bullocks."

"I made you these." Eggsy's friend named Merlin pulls out a glasses case and places it on the table. Galahad picks up the case and peers in at the glasses inside, "A-ha." He removes the eyepatch that is covering his left eye to reveal a scar that stretches over his eyelids. He puts on the glasses that have the left eye blacked out so you can only see his right eye.

"Thank you, Merlin, Eggsy." He says, nodding to the two men in front of him, "How do I look?" "You look-" Merlin starts, but is interrupted by a man getting up from his seat and walking towards the booth, "Like someone lookin' for an eye fuckin'. Now, why don't you get out of our bar, before I take out your other one?" "Now, is that any way to welcome a visitor for out of town, moonshine?" Jack asks, tightening his grip on my waist.

"Yeah, these gentlemen here aren't from around here. So, why don't you cut them some slack and go piss off somewhere else." I say, which makes Jack chuckle. "Okay. Suck my southern dick... bitch." I try to stand up, but Jack just pulls me back down to my seat. "Oh, I don't think that will be necessary. Good day, sir." Galahad says, getting up from his seat and grabbing his umbrella as the man gestures toward the door.

"Well? What are you ladies waitin' for?" the man says, turning back to the rest of us. "Manners... maketh... man." Galahad says, locking the door of the bar as more men stand up from their seats, "Do you know what that means?" he asks, but no one answers, "Then let me teach you a lesson." Galahad uses the handle of his umbrella to throw a glass across the room. I catch the glass as it's just inches away from smashing into Jack's face.

I give Jack a confused look and we all turn back to Galahad. "Are we going to stand around here all day? Or are we going to-" Galahad is interrupted as one of the men gives him a swift punch to the face, knocking him into the bar. The men pull him back from the bar and they start fighting, but Galahad is not winning.

"Want me to take this one, darlin'," Jack asks as you both get up from the booth. "Be my guest," you say, gesturing towards the fight in front of you.

Jack takes his lasso from his belt and saves Galahad from being crushed with his own umbrella, "Well, pick him up." Eggsy and Merlin rush over to Galahad and help him to his feet. "Now, that is not what I call a Kentucky welcome." Jack says, picking up his lasso, "Manners...Maketh...Man. Let me translate that for you." and at that, Jack leaped into action, slamming the men into the bar with his lasso.

The rest of us sat back down at the booth. "What's wrong with me, Merlin? I thought you fixed me?" Galahad asked. "Well, we rebuilt your neural pathways. But it'll take some time for you to get your coordination back." Merlin explains.

One of the men smashes onto the table behind us, but no one bats an eye. I look over to see Jack pulling out his whip. Damn, he looks good.

"And the phantom butterflies?" Galahad asks. "You will experience episodes...lapses of clarity. You'll be back to normal soon." Eggsy pats Galahad on the back as Merlin says this.

Jack finished up the fight by throwing the last guys out of the window with a chair. "Whoo. I feel like a tornado in a trailer park." Jack says, fixing his hat.

Suddenly, the tv behind Jack comes on, "Golden Circle proudly presents." Everyone stands up from the booth to get a better look at the tv. I stand up and walk over to Jack and he puts his arm around my waist. A woman with red hair and glasses comes on the screen, "Mr. President, my name is Poppy Adams. I believe the UN has no teeth. So I've selected you, as leader of the free world, to receive this communication. And I invite you to begin negotiations...on the largest scale hostage situation in history. A few weeks ago, an engineered virus was released...contained in all varieties of my product. Cannabis, cocaine, heroin, opium, ecstasy...and crystal meth. Some of you are already infected. And this is what you can expect in the coming days. After a brief incubation period...victims present with stage one symptoms."

Poppy snaps her fingers and a man with the same blue rash that Tequila has appeared behind the glass. "A blue rash. Next...second stage symptoms appear." Poppy snaps her fingers again to reveal a man with a blue rash waving his hands around, "Mania...as the virus enters the brain. Very distressing to the victim and those around them. Stage three..." Poppy snaps her fingers once more and a man with a blue rash who appears to be paralyzed appears behind the glass. "Paralysis. Muscles enter a state of catastrophic seizure. And once the muscles of the thorax become affected...breathing becomes impossible...leading to a very nasty death within twelve hours." as she says this, blood spills out of the man's eyes and nose.

"Oh, my god," I say, with my hand over my mouth as I'm hit with a wave of nausea. Normally, that wouldn't bother me because of my job. But, this time was different.

"Darlin'? You alright?" Jack asks me with a concerned look on his face. "I'm fine. I'll be right back." I reassure him and hurry to go find the bathroom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sit on the floor against the bathroom wall. I had just spilled my guts up and I felt like shit. I was fanning myself with my hat when I heard a knock on the door, "Darlin'? It's Jack, are you alright?" "I'm fine. I'll be out in a minute!" I say, quickly flushing the toilet and going to the sink to wash my hands.

I walk out of the bathroom to find Jack leaning up against the wall, waiting for me. "Hey, Hey. Are you alright? You ain't lookin' so good. Do you need Ginger to check you out when we get back?" he asks, cupping my face with his hands. I put my arms around his waist, "Yes, I'm fine. I just got a little queasy." "Are you sure?" he asks, rubbing his thumb along my cheek. "I'm sure." "Alright then," he says, taking off my hat so he can bring his lips to mine.

"So, what's the plan?" I ask, fixing my hat as he places it back on my head. "There's an antidote for the rash that we need to find because it doesn't seem like the president is going to do much about this," he says, putting an arm around my waist and guiding me out of the bar where everyone else was waiting. "Fantastic," I say sarcastically.

I hope this book isn't sucking so far. Sorry, the fight scene is really lame! I've never really written a fight scene before so it kinda sucks. Anyway, I hope you are liking the story so far! I think I like writing in the second-person more so I might switch between second-person and third-person.