IX || A Victory Drink

Word count: 649

—————————————-

Third-person pov

—————————————————

(THIS IS WHAT JO'S WEARING! NOT MY PHOTO! GOT IT OFF PINTEREST!)

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(THIS IS WHAT JO'S WEARING! NOT MY PHOTO! GOT IT OFF PINTEREST!)

With the antidote released, millions of lives were spared, including Tequila's.

Galahad, Eggsy, Whiskey, and Gin made their way back to Statesmen, dressing in their formal attire on the way there.

They enter the main office to find Champ, Tequila, and Ginger waiting for them, along with a hologram of all the other Statesmen agents who were only visible to those wearing the Statesmen glasses.

Whiskey and Gin sat down in their designated seats at the long rectangular table, while Ginger, Galahad, and Eggsy were posted at the end of the table.

"In honor of this historic occasion, we have purchased a distillery in Scotland." Champ explains, uncorking a bottle of whiskey, "This shows the world that Kingsmen is now joining the liquor business. Before we were cousins." Champ pours a glass of whiskey for Tequila, Whiskey, and Gin, "Now we're brothers, working side-by-side. All our resources are now yours. You can rebuild."

Champ passes the glasses to the three. Gin gives Jack a look before her gaze lowers to the glass of dark liquid in her hands.

"Yeah, y'all shittin' in high cotton now." Tequila chuckles.

Champ taps the bottle of whiskey on a glass which grabs Tequila's attention, "Agent Tequila, this is a formal occasion, where's your suit and jacket?"

"Sorry, sir."

Whiskey and Gin both chuckle which causes Tequila to give them a look.

"Maybe the Kingsmen boys can dress you properly." Champ continues.

"Sir, in all honesty, I think we could all use a proper Kingsmen makeover." Gin suggests, giving Eggsy a wink.

"That's not a terrible idea, Agent Gin. To our union." Champ raises his glass and Tequila, Eggsy, Galahad, Ginger, Whiskey, Gin, and all the holograms of the Statesmen agents follow.

Everyone takes a sip from their glass except for Gin and Champ takes notice of this, "Agent Gin, are you not going to be drinking with us on this historic occasion?"

Gin panics as all eyes fall on her. She looks to Whiskey for help. But, Whiskey also not knowing what to do, just shrugs.

"Not today, sir." Gin answers.

"And why is that?" Champ questions.

This wasn't the way Gin had planned to reveal her pregnancy, but now is a good of a time as ever.

"Well um...I won't be drinking with y'all cause...Whiskey and I are expecting a baby." Gin says, looking to her husband who looks at her with loving eyes. They both smile at each other as Jack squeezes her hand. They both felt relieved to have finally shared the news.

The room goes silent before the room erupts with cheers and congratulations.

"Well I'll be damned, congrats you two." Champ smiles.

"Does this mean y'all are leavin'?" Tequila asks.

"Our retirement will be temporary, which actually brings me to our other announcement." Gin answers, standing from her seat with Whiskey following the motion.

"And what's that?" Champ asks.

"Whiskey and I would like Ginger to be our temporary replacement while we're out." Gin announces, raising her glass towards Ginger.

Gingers eyes widen as she points to herself, "Me?"

"Ginger, we know how long you've been itching to get out in the field. Now, here's your chance."

"Wow, thank you! I would be honored!"

"Looks like your in, Ginger. Have a seat." Champ gestures to the empty chair at the end of the table and Whiskey and Gin reclaim their seats.

Eggsy hands Galahad his glass so he can pull out the chair for her as Ginger takes a seat.

"To Agent Ginger Ale and our littlest Statesmen agent on the way!" Champ finishes, raising his glass while giving a wink to Gin.

Whiskey leans over to his wife to give her a kiss on the temple.

Everyone else raises their glasses to the toast once more.