Burn

Second was looking for a place to set up a picnic, of course that was the previous goal until he lost sight of his partner.

Flashback :

„ Second, you shouldn't go alone.. "

Red yelled, prompting Second to turn around and sighing, before grabbing Green by the collar and dragging him along.

Eventually they were out of sight, being covered by the trees along their way; walking side by side and chatting to past the time.

Droplets of water seemed to be falling from the now gray clouds, and they haven't even had their picnic. Green told Second to follow him, and so he did.

On their way back, thunder had hit the ground in front of Second, causing him to lose sight of his best friend. Seconds eyes began to widen as he looked around in a panic.

„ GREEN WAIT- "

He yelled, hoping his best friend would stop, or run back to him, but his hopes were crushed when no response were heard. Except for the footsteps slowly fading, Second got up and began speeding towards the sound of the footsteps.

Present:

His chest began to feel like it was burning, he needed a break but stopping in the middle of a thunderstorm where you could die is worse than running. Second looked through the endless spaces of the trees, the rain had gotten harder and the atmosphere wasn't as friendly as before.

Second had caught a glimpse of his friend, who seemed to also be panicked. Though it didn't end well for him, suddenly Second felt a hand cover his mouth as a sharp weapon was held towards his throat. It glew red with mixes of black, Second felt like this- He realized the weapon seemed familiar. Too familiar.

He didn't wanna see it again, it was the Virablade. Something he hated.

His heart skipped a beat when he heard a creepy chuckle coming from the hollow head that held the blade at his throat, why him?

His hopes were fading when he saw Green begin to run the opposite direction, prompting him to kick Darks knee. He managed to get out of the grasp and started running through the trees, he yelled for his friend.

He began to smile when Green stopped running and turned around, he got out of the trees and into Greens sight. He stopped running and fell to the ground, his chest burned and his legs were shaking. His breathing was unsteady, there was a slight cut on his chest from the blade.

Green immediately ran towards the figure, picking him up (bridal style) and running towards the rest of the coloured gang.

Seconds vision was a blur at this point, all he could make out were muffled panics and someone bandaging his chest. He smiled softly, he managed to get back to his friends.

He was about to let himself fade into the comfortable void of sleep, when he remembered his encounter with an old enemy. He slipped back into consciousness and sat up quickly, begging for everyone to go to Chosens house.
His words were muffled and slurred, everyone was trying to calm him down, Green asking him what he saw and rubbing his back gently.

He managed to tell everyone that they needed to go to Chosens house, and everyone nodded, Green helped Second stand up and started following the rest. They were walking, well- Speed walking.

Of course until Second heard rustles coming from the bushes, he immediately tensed up and asked for everyone to start running, or atleast go faster.
To the point he started yelling his words, that was when everyone began following his orders. He had tears in his eyes, which mixed with the rain that fell onto his face; he was shaking, both from fear and the cold.

Once the shack was in sight, they saw a worried Chosen circling in front of the door. Muttering something, he looked up towards the gang, noticing his younger brother and immediately running up to him and embracing Second.

Second leaned into the hug and eventually hugged back, Chosen led them inside right after. Everyone sighed at the warmth, going to their rooms to change, maybe even taking turns in having a hot shower.

Second on the other hand was insisting that Chosen locked the doors, which he did. Chosen grabbed his sweater and gave it to Second, helping him change into it.

Second began calming down as he took in the warmth of the sweater, watching as Chosen made him a cup of hot chocolate. He hugged himself, smiling at the warmth. Eventually looking out the window, where he spotted a red blur passing quickly.

In which he shook his head, the figure was gone. He wasn't safe, THEY weren't safe. He began feeling a burning sensation in his chest again, his breathing became shaky and unsteady. He didn't want to be a burden again, to watch everyone die, he was supposed to be the brave hero, and here he is, struggling to stay calm.

He didn't even realize Chosen had gone to his side, let alone trying to calm him down.

He couldn't let his guard down anymore, he couldn't have fun anymore, he couldn't calm down, everything was happening too fast for him to process, and it hurts.

He felt like he was being burned and then drowned in awful, AWFUL memories, in which the cycle repeats-

-until he eventually became nothing.