Chapter 11

Blood foamed at her eyes and she stumbled back, claws aimlessly thrashing around, to find something, someone to either stablize her or be dragged down alongside her.

The silvery blue she-cat yowled in pain as her attackers raked their claws down her pelt, as her fellow clanmates fought bravely beside her. But her energy was draining, and the sweet relief of eternal darkness was becoming more and more alluring. She shook the thought away, fighting more fiercely than ever before.

Her friend, Sycamoreleaf, aimed blows at her attackers, rage radiating off his pelt in hot waves. The medicine cat, Daceblaze dragged her by the scruff of her neck fur and treated her numerous wounds, blood pooling at her paws.

"You'll be fine, Mistbriar." Daceblaze purred reassuringly, pressing cobwebs deep into the bloody openings, as Mistbriar, the silvery blue she-cat,'s eyes lit up in relief as the pain ebbed.

Daceblaze nodded and rushed back out to tend to their wounded in the midst of the spraying blood. She dragged Sycamoreleaf, Chervilwhisker, Mistletoetail, Coconutpool and Burnetstar out, before the rest of the clan. The attackers sensed their retreat and yowled vitoriously, before heading back to their own camp.

"RedwoodClan is merciless." wheezed Chervilwhisker, having had the breath knocked out of her when a RedwoodClan warrior, Otterleaf, had driven a strong kick into her ribs.

"Wait..." Burnetstar meowed, looking closely at Mistbriar's wounds. "These are not the marks of regular fangs of claws." his eyes widened and he took a step back before letting Daceblaze take a look. She caught sight of the ragged torn clumps of fur and the extensive bleeding, not to mention the cleanest cuts she had seen in a long, long time, and froze. Then she turned back to Burnetstar and Chervilwhisker, eyes glazed over with fear. Chervilwhisker's expression mimicked her own, and she pressed her muzzle to Mistbriar's, before whispering hoarsly, "It's BloodClan, Mistbriar. They've returned. And now they've aligned themselves with RedwoodClan. We're doomed."