5. Sweetheart?

(sorry if the chapters have been short)

we stayed there for a few minutes until he had to leave for his study hall i think. he never really answered when i asked him why he had to leave so early.

after a while without ethan i heard the loudest scream come from the kitchen. me mindy, anika, and chad all rushed in there when i then saw sam grab a knife and push threw us. i mouthed to tara "what's wrong" and she showed us her phone frantically.

what i saw completely disturbed me. it was a picture of quinn dead in her room which wasn't very far from the living room. that meant that ghost face was here. he was in the apartment with us. and he had killed quinn.

everyone quickly ran to the living and stood in front of the door. sam turned to us and held her pointer finger above her lips to signal to us to stay quiet.

just then we heard a loud thud and the door flew open with quinn's dead body being pushed on top of poor anika. ghost face storms into the room as chad grabs tara's hand and runs for the door.

ghost face first attacks mindy stabbing her in her upper arm. her scream filled the whole apartment. she immediately fell to the ground blood gushing everywhere.

then he turned to anika and put his hands around her neck choking her. he then threw her into the wall and stabbed the knife into her stomach and slowly started to move it upwards twisting the knife every direction basically gutting her.

she had the most gut wrenching scream as i grabbed the knife box from the kitchen. i couldn't let my friend die knowing i could have stopped it. i threw the knife box at the ghost face full force.

he finally let anika go and me and mindy limped her into quinn's room where sam was trying to reach the ladder that her boyfriend was trying to bring over.

sam and mindy already made it across. it was just me and anika. i helped anika pull up onto the window and she started making it across when 2 ghost faces made it into the room. i screamed at anika to climb as everyone else was too.

the ghost face approached me and put their hands around my neck and then i felt sharp pain in my stomach. then another. and then another. it had just come to me that i had been stabbed as they pulled the knife out of me.

the other ghost face came up to them and punched them square in the face. i started to fall towards the ground when the other ghost face came and grabbed me. holding me in their arms they said "i'm so sorry, your gonna be okay sweetheart."

i was so confused. my vision started to go blurry i looked down and all i saw was red pouring out of me. i kept hearing screams as the ghost face was doing something at the window.

then it came to me. anika. i crawled over to the window but by then it was too late i looked down and saw poor anika dead in that alley. mindy must be traumatized.

the ghost faces started to leave as the taller one tilted his head towards me.

then it all went black...