Trauma

Y/N's POV

I've been searching for minutes now, but it feels like hours. If something happens to this girl, I swear..

I will never forgive myself.

I'm focused on the area and everything that's around me, hoping that maybe I can pick something up.

And then, out of nowhere, I smell her. All my attention turns to her scent. I run into the direction her scent is coming from and after a few seconds I finally see her. She's hiding behind a tree, knowing damn well she's in danger. She is sitting completely folded, knees pulled up to her body and her head down. I slow down my speed and walk up to her very carefully, not wanting to make a sound.

Then, she turns her head up. "Y/N!" She whisper yells. Tears are streaming down her cheecks. Her arms reach out to me and all I can do is pick her up and wrap my arms around her. She silently cries into my neck.

"I'm so, so sorry I hid myself so far away from the tree" She sniffles.

"Shhh, it's okay now.. I got you, you're safe" I whisper. I sit on the ground so that we're more hidden in the bushes.

I close my eyes, feeling so relieved that nothing happened to her and that she's safe now.

"We were so worried, Tuk" I say softly.

"I know" She replies, still crying. "I'm sorry"

I give her a little kiss on the head, hoping it can calm her down a bit.

"Where's the rest?" She asks.

Oh shit.. They're still searching of course.

"They're still searching for you, so we should head back"

She just nods against my shoulder, not wanting to let me go.

That's okay. She's not so heavy anyway, I can hold her a little longer.

I stand up, turn around and start to walk back to the tree.

"Not so fast" Someone suddenly speaks from behind us.

I freeze, my eyes widen and Tuk's head pops up to look behind us. Her eyes widen too. She then looks at me with even more anxiety in her eyes then she already had.

"He's got a weapon" She whispers with a shaky breath. I slowly nod, trying to make up a plan.

"Turn around!" He yells.

I do as he says. When I face him, I see a large, blue Na'vi guy standing in front of me. I slowly put Tuk down. When she's on the ground, she takes my right hand and stands behind me.

"Hey boss, come look at this!" The man shouts.

Another Na'vi comes walking up to us from behind him. When he sees us, a cheeky grin starts to form on his face.

"Well, well, well.. Look what we got here" He says.

I hear Tuk's heart fastening. I turn my head around and look at her. She's shaking.

"Th-that's h-him.." She nervously says.

"That's who?" I silently ask her.

"The m-monster that h-hurt our family.." Her eyes are watering again.

I can see how afraid she is of him, but why? Who is he?

"Quaritch" He says, while putting out his hand for me to shake it. I look at it, then back at his eyes. I don't move a muscle.

I don't know this guy, but something about him is wrong. Everything in me is screaming to keep a close eye on him. He can't be trusted.

When he notices that I'm not gonna shake his hand, he shrugs his shoulders.