01

03.03.24

- NOTE -

I don't have any idea how the entertainment industry works. So, what I am going to write may or may not make sense. Ignore any mistakes and feel free to point out any fault without being rude about it.

 Ignore any mistakes and feel free to point out any fault without being rude about it

• • •

Roaming around aimlessly on the busy streets of Mumbai, Harshad Chopda, one of the best and most talented actors in the Indian television industry was lost in his thoughts. These two months have been a roller coaster ride for him, the plot or lack of it has been making him more and more tired. He couldn't understand why the makers are still so ignorant about a simple thing - the audience loves it when the main characters are together and loyal to each other, not the other way around. So when they introduced him to Jay Soni, the man who was supposed to play the 'other husband' of the female lead, he knew that he had had enough. His dubious decision was now clearer than ever.

---

One week later.

Harshad was sitting in his vanity, savouring the little amount of peace that he gets nowadays when Pranali entered without knocking, as usual. He gave a sheepish smile to her, thinking that she was in a sour mood because he forgot to meet with her after reaching the sets but was mildly shocked witnessing the hurt and anger in her eyes as she threw a thin booklet towards him.

Harshad cleared his throat before addressing her. "What happened, Pranali? Kiski shamat aane wali hai aaj?" He tried to joke in an attempt to lighten the mood but failed because her expression did not change one bit.

"Care to explain what exactly does this mean, Mr. Chopda?" Pranali wiped her eyes to get rid of the tears forming in them. She tried hard to maintain her angry and stoic stance, not to let her hurt surface but she didn't succeed in it. "Let me tell you myself since you're so confused. Today when I reached my room I was given my script and costume for the day as usual... do you know they called a meeting in the next fifteen minutes?"

Harshad sighed after her small rant. "No. I didn't check my phone. They should've sent a spot boy to call me instead of you. You're an actress-"

"Stop," Pranali whispered. "Let me read it for you. 'Abhimanyu meets with an accident while returning to the Goenka villa to meet Abhir, just outside the house. It gets too late when they take him to the hospital.' What is the meaning of this, Harshad?"

Harshad put his head down, not answering her questions, she already knew. He wanted to tell her himself but forgot about a minor detail - he asked the team to hurry up and when they did, he was too focused on other things to inform Pranali of his decision. He forgot to tell his best friend about something so important.

"It's true then. You didn't renew the contract." Pranali wiped the few tears that accumulated in her eyes unknowingly. Before Harshad could say anything, he heard her whisper. "It's not like I blame you or anything. I had an idea something like this would happen sooner or later but it still hurts."

{It happened to me too, when Mrs. Sharma confessed... It hurt a little. 😶}

"Sweetie..." Pranali looked up at him when he called her by her nickname, he uses it only on some occasions when she needs comfort or when she does something that makes him proud. "I don't know what to say. Mujhe tumhe bata dena chahiye tha, you shouldn't have been so upset. I just can't continue this anymore. It's tiring, it drains me physically and mentally." He gently held her chin and raised her face to look into her eyes, wiping the tears from her face with his thumb.

"I will be lying if I say that you leaving this show came as a surprise to me. I've felt it, you know. I... I won't stop or bother you...but...but it doesn't hurt any less. I'll miss you, H." She buried herself in his arms, her head resting on his chest as she breathed in deeply while he ran his fingers through her scalp and hair soothingly. "Mujhe bhi saath le chalo." She mumbled childishly, making him chuckle.

"Come on, Pree. Hame jana tha na... urgent meeting?" Harshad said, pulling her out of his arms.

After making sure that they were presentable, no tear stains were on her face; they left his vanity hand in hand not caring about the fact that anyone could see them and their dynamics. All that mattered to them at the moment was the limited amount of time they have with each other and they'd make sure to make the best of it.

-

Up next: Harshad's farewell and Pranali's feelings.

Vote (40+) and comment please! It motivates me more than anything.

PLEASE GIVE A SHOUTOUT SO THAT IT CAN REACH MORE READERS.
THANK YOU!