06

Wish me luck for the full syllabus mock test tomorrow!!! 🤧

A/N - In this story, assume that Pranali lives with her family. I don't think she ever revealed whether she lives alone or with her parents.

P.S. - Names used in the story are made up by me.

04.04.24

---

---

"New day, new opportunities." - That was Pranali's first thought of the day after she opened her eyes. She was not feeling well rested like one usually does after a good night's sleep because of the several thoughts swirling in her mind. She was a bundle of nerves because today was the day when she would have to go and audition for the role of 'Ahana Ghosh' - the female lead of a new web series in development.

After spending almost thirty minutes inside the bathroom, thoroughly cleaning and scrubbing herself, Pranali went to the idol of Lord Ganesha and joined her hands for prayer after getting ready. "Bhagwan ji, jab maine 'yeh rishta kya kehlata hai' ka audition diya tha tab aapne meri help ki thi na... aaj jab main 'Gumraah' ke liye audition dene jaa rahi hu, aap phir se meri madad kar dijiye na. Please Bappa!" She prayed cutely and then applied sindur teeka to Lord Ganesha's murti.

[Bhagwan ji, you helped me when I auditioned for 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai'. Today when I am going to audition for 'Gumrah', please help me again. please bappa!]

"Pinu beta. Aur kitna time lagega tumhe neeche bahar aane mein? Nashta thanda ho raha hai." Pranali's mother, Mrs Sheela Rathod, called her younger daughter for breakfast as she was taking longer than usual to get ready. She understood that her daughter was bound to get nervous but she was fully confident about Pranali's acting skills and dedication, so she was feeling confident that her daughter would be selected for the role... and if not, then God may have planned something better for her.

[how much time will it take for you to come down? breakfast is getting cold.]

As soon as Pranali reached the dining room, her nose was filled with the delicious aroma of Kanda Poha and adrak-elaichi wali chai. The most common yet one of the tastiest breakfast options. "Abb khadi rahegi ya khayegi bhi?" Her mother's voice pulled her out of her stupor. She grinned sheepishly and finished her plate in a record time.

[Will you keep standing or will you be eating too?]

Looking at the time she realised that she might be late for the auditions. Mumbai's traffic accounts for at least half an hour's delay in reaching one's destination. "Main late nahi ho sakti aaj ke din, maa. Bohot log honge wahan par... pata nahi kaise hoga sab..." she kept whispering while packing her bag and took her car keys from the stand. Before her mother could say anything else, Pranali was out of the door in a jiffy.

[I can't be late today, Mom. There will be a lot of people there. Don't know how everything will happen.]

---

Starlight Production House

"Miss Pranali Rathod, it's your turn next. Are you ready?" One of the crews with a list of names in her hands called out. "If you need some refreshments or need to use the restroom, please do it now. In ten minutes, you are required inside hall number 03."

"No. Nothing. I am okay." She replied calmly. Taking a deep breath she went inside and gave her best shot.

---

"Congratulations Miss Rathod. You've successfully bagged the role of Ahana Ghosh fair and square. Here's the contract. We're happy to have you on board." Ravi Morey -- the director/producer of the series and one of the popular names in the world of OTT -- offered her a sleek blue pen to sign the contract.

"Thank you, sir. It's a big opportunity for me. To explore new characters and improve as an actor is all I wish for." Pranali responded calmly but mentally she was jumping on her feet, dancing to her favourite song. After thinking for some time, she came up with a question. "I would like to first hear about the story from you. I am not being rude but I have some personal rules."

The producer just smiled, his eyes sparkling with something unknown. "Yes, Miss Rathod. I understand your concerns. Okay, so the storyline is simple with just a few twists, nothing over the top. The plot revolves around Avinash Chauhan, a detective who leads a reclusive life after the death of his wife. While on a run to save himself from inspector Amod - who thinks that Avinash killed his own wife, reasons unknown - he encounters Ahana Ghosh, a meek journalist who helps him get through it. They get closer in the time being and also investigate or you can say, solve some other cases. It is a finite series of only 15 episodes, one hour each. So, no unnecessary twists, turns or spices to keep the viewers interested. Nothing that will make you uncomfortable."

Pranali let out a subtle smile before proceeding to ask the one question she was waiting for. "Who is the Male Lead?"

"Oh... you don't know? It's Harshad Chopda." Mr Morey replied laughing-ly. The news was already a headline on page three.

Hearing the name, Pranali took the pen and signed the papers without giving it another thought. How she managed to not spill the ink or tear the paper in her excitement was a mystery. Thanking Mr Morey once again, she rushed from his office towards the parking lot.

"Hello, Ruchi... ekk bohot badi khushkhabri hai. Tum jaldi milo mujhe apne favourite cafe mein. Bye!" She informed her sister and immediately cut the call. "Uff... I know it's good news but still... itni khushi kyun? Aisa kya ho gaya hai mujhe... itni bhi pagal nahi thi pehle." Thinking about her emotions, Pranali drove off to the cafe where she called Ruchi, eager to share the news as well as wanting to get some answers from her sister.

[Hello, Ruchi. I have very good news. You meet me soon at your favourite cafe.]
[I know it's good news but still, Why am I so happy? What has happened to me? I wasn't that crazy before.]

---

Question 1 - what are your thoughts for the next part?

Question 2 - should I show Pranali and Ruchi's conversation OR move forward with the first day of shooting i.e. #harshali meeting?

 #harshali meeting?