04

1180 words.

Once again, I have combined two chapters in one so please re-read it.

A/N - Mr Soni and Miss Sawant are a little b!tch-y here. Their fans, please don't give me any gyaan about "reel and real" life's differences. My story, my feelings.

20.03.24

----

----

Pranali was sitting in her vanity, a tub of ice cream in her hand and a horror/thriller movie playing in the background. her heart was beating loudly, her ears were ringing and her eyes were wet as she recalled what happened half an hour ago.

-----

Flashback:

The sets of "yeh rishta kya kehlata hai" were decorated with various flowers and lights. The set crew had attempted a subtle but bright atmosphere but instead, it looked cheap and overdone. The set was overflowing with almost neon-coloured plastic flowers and yellowish-orange lights. Nothing classy or beautiful like the previous times.

"Bhaiya, script mein koi change hua hai kya? Maine toh koi celebration scene nahi padha aur na hi rehearse kiya hai." Pranali asked a spot boy. The man looked at her confused and took in her dishevelled appearance, understanding that she hadn't been taking care of herself and thus might have missed the update in the schedule.

[Bhaiya, Has there been any change in the script? I have neither read nor rehearsed any celebration scene.]

He gently informed her about the sudden changes in track to hype up the show as the TRP was dropping day by day. "Ma'am, kal shaam ko urgent meeting rakhi thi Rajan sahab ne. Aap ghar chale gaye the toh ho sakta hai aapne miss kar diya ho. Unhone message bhi Kiya tha but aap busy honge toh padha nahi hoga shayad."

[Ma'am, Rajan sir had organised an urgent meeting yesterday evening. You had gone home so you may have missed it. He had also messaged it but you might've been busy so you might not have read it.]

Pranali scrunched her nose as the spot boy beat around the bush instead of telling her about the scene. "Scene bataiye, bhaiya."

"Woh, shaadi ki taiyyari chal rahi hai. Jab bhi kuch dikkat hoti hai toh sahab shaadi ka track utha late hain." The spot boy spoke out in a low voice, then as if remembering what he said he looked up at Pranali, panicked. "Ma'am maine jo kaha ignore kijiye. Sahab ko shikayat mat kijiyega meri." He requested, fearing for his job.

[Ma'am, wedding preparations are going on. Whenever there is any problem, sir brings up the track of marriage.]
[Ma'am, ignore what I said. Don't complain to sir about me.]

Hearing his words Pranali just nodded mutely, well aware that whatever he said was true. Seeing his track record since the beginning, be it season 01 or season 48. Whenever there was a drop in TRP the show would take a turn and marriage preparation would begin. In the last generation too (KaiRa) the number of marriages was something people couldn't forget. She got the idea about whose marriage preparation was going on.

Just as she turned to go to Rajan Shahi's office, she lost her balance and fell face down. Jay Soni, who just entered the sets a little earlier than usual due to his excitement, noticed her predicament. He immediately helped her and held in a sarcastic remark seeing her already embarrassed and distressed condition. "Tum theek ho? Kahin moch toh nahi aa gayi?" Jay asked politely, leaving his attitude aside for a change.

[are you Ok? You've not sprained your ankle, did you?]

"I'm fine Jay sir. I need to go and discuss something with Shahi sir." Pranali gave a forced smile and went on her way, limping.

-----

Inside Rajan Shahi's office, Pranali was pacing nervously from one corner of the room to the other. Her resignation letter in one hand and a copy of a new script in another. She was, of course, afraid about his reaction to her secretly looking for another role - even though she didn't audition and didn't contact the makers either - before signing out of 'yeh rishta kya kehlata hai'. If he publicised it in the media after twisting things around a little, she'd be permanently doomed.

"I am disappointed in you, Pranali. What are you doing? Your performance graph is going down. Jo scenes hum one take mein shoot karte the, all thanks to you, aaj us'se bhi simple scenes mein we have to take at least three to four retakes, once again all thanks to you. What is going on?" Rajan Shahi started scolding her as soon as he entered his cabin.

Frustration could be clearly seen on his face. After doing everything possible to keep the show going, he was failing from each side. The man was cursing the universe for doing this to him but forgot one minor detail - it was his brain that came up with the leap track because he wanted to do something 'different'.

"That's why I am here sir. Mujhse ab nahi ho raha. Main bohot tired rehti hu and concentrate nahi kar pati. Upar se yeh scene mein changes. Every day something new comes up. Aapke liye ideas sochna aasan hai but as an actor, it is me who has to go through it even if it's not real in order to give suitable expressions and convince the audience. Nahi hota hai mujhse ab. Meri mental and physical health par bhi iska asar pad raha hai. Here is my resignation. I have honoured and completed my contract and now I'm free to leave. Thank you once again sir for this opportunity."

[I can't do it anymore. I am very tired and unable to concentrate. On top of this the changes in scenes. Every day something new comes up. It's easy for you to think of new ideas but as an actor, it is me who has to go through it even if it's not real in order to give suitable expressions and convince the audience. I can't do it. It is also affecting my mental and physical health.]

Pranali left towards her vanity to collect her things. Her eyes fell on her laptop, still plugged into charging as she forgot to take it home the day before. Her phone pinged with a notification from the cast group chat.

Rajan sir:
Due to some reasons, we have to take a break.
There will be a meeting within one hour and I request everyone's attendance.

Karishma:
Once again?
We had a meeting yesterday too. Why the sudden changes?

Jay Soni:
I have an idea but I won't tell you all. Let's see first if my guess is correct.

Pranali:
Okay, sir.
Will be there.

With her reply, she switched off her mobile and opened the mini fridge in her vanity room, taking out a tub of chocolate ice cream. Pranali turned on her laptop and logged into her Netflix account, continuing her movie; though not paying much attention to it. She was more worried about what the next few hours of her life would bring.

 She was more worried about what the next few hours of her life would bring