Don't tell me ~ Beelzebub

The chatter in the restaurant overwhelmed MC. Their hands tugged on their skirt, anxiety settling into them. They regretted not letting Asmo dress them. They looked awful. A fiery blush covered their cheeks. They shouldn't have even asked Beel out. There was no way he liked them. He probably only agreed because he's too nice to say 'no.'

After what felt like hours of silence, Beel opened his mouth to speak. "MC," 

They twisted their hands nervously, afraid to meet his eyes. "Don't tell me. I know. I should just go." They muttered, starting to get up from the table. 

Silverware clattered. A strong, calloused hand caught their arm, turning their attention back to the man across from them. His usually soft purple eyes bore into them. The intensity in his face caught them off guard. They froze, paralyzed by his stare. "No, you don't know. Don't leave."

MC hesitantly settled back into their seat. His grip on their arm softened, but he didn't let go. They only now took in the table. In front of MC sat a beautifully ornate plate of vodka pasta and devil's salmon. Their wine glass was the only thing they'd touched. 

On Beel's side, the same dish sat completely untouched. MC's stomach flipped. He hadn't touched it. 

"I wanted to ask what was wrong. You haven't even looked at me all night." His voice was tender, pleading.

MC's mind was blank, lost in their shock. They'd been so consumed by insecurity that they'd forgotten who they were with. They know Beel would know something was wrong. They knew he was the type to put others before himself, his worry no doubt overpowered his insatiable hunger. That was why they'd fallen in love with him. His selflessness had completely won them over. 

"MC, please tell me what's wrong? Did I upset you?" 

"No! No, you're perfect..." They trailed off. 

His head tilted gently. His mouth was open, but he didn't say anything. His hand softly slide off of their arm, resting on the table beside it.

"You're perfect, I just... I don't... I'm sorry." MC shook their head, running for the bathroom.

They slammed the door behind them, leaning on it and pulling out their phone. They clumsily flipped through contacts, dialing Asmodeus. 

"What's up, Darling? You and your boy toy need a ride? Wardrobe malfunction?" He asked, chipper.

"I don't think I can do this, Asmo." 

"What? What the hell does that mean?"

"I... I don't know. I just-"

"You've been whining to me for how long now about this boy and you finally ask him out and now it's 'I can't do this'?!?! Get your ass out of that bathroom and talk to him!" He exclaimed. He really did know them well.

"I'm worried he's gonna hate me... I shouldn't have even bothered."

"MC," His voice was uncharacteristically firm. "Get out there."

MC was about to argue when they heard a steady beeping in their ear. Pulling the phone away, they were greeted with their home screen. 

"Asshole." They muttered. They turned back to the door, taking a deep breath before they opened it, making their way back to the table.

They came back to see Beel buried in his phone. His ginger locks draped in front of his face. His shoulders curled forward and his neck bowed. It was almost funny to see that big of a man confined to the chair, making it look tiny. MC slid into their seat, the movement drawing his attention. 

"Uh, hey." They mumbled. "Sorry...again."

He set his phone screen down on the table. "It's alright. Feel better?"

"A little, yeah. Thanks." They said, eyes dropping to their lap again. His hand reached across the table, palm up. They looked at it, then up at him, his soft smile making their heart race. They timidly placed their hand in his. His fingers curled up around their hand. 

"Do you wanna get out of here?" He said softly. MC nodded in response. They moved to get their wallet when he stopped them. "I've already got it. Come on." He stood, gently pulling them along. 

The pair made their way down the street quietly, basking in the cold evening air. MC's face was still pink, the feeling of his hand around theirs ever present. 

"Did you want to talk about what happened back there?" He asked. His tone was soft and fragile. 

"Oh, right. I, um. I was worried that you didn't like me..." MC mumbled. "My dress is uncomfortable and I felt guilty for asking you out and I was worried that you only came with because you felt bad and didn't want to say no and I didn't-"

His lips on theirs stopped their rambling. His free hand wrapped around their back, settling on their hip. He pulled them closer, a gentle curve in his own back to reach them. His eyes fluttered open as he pulled away, locking with MC's shocked ones. Pink pushed through his skin, lighting up his cheeks. "I like you too, MC." He murmured, his low voice making MC's heart rate spike.  "You look breathtaking, by the way. I'm sorry you're uncomfortable." A warm smile formed on his face. 

"Th-thanks," They breathed. 

"Let's get you home, yeah?" He said, pulling his form away from theirs and beginning to walk forward. MC silently let him lead them along, the feeling of his lips still hot on their own. Their free hand drifted up, lightly touching their own lip. 

Before they knew it, Beel had led them through the gates of the House of Lamentation. The pair now stood on the steps, MC still lost in thought. His quiet chuckle brought their attention back to the present. They looked up to meet his eyes. "Are you okay, MC?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay..." They trailed.

"Good," He said moving closer. He drew them in, his hand returning to their hip. His other gently caressed their cheek. "Then, is it okay if I kiss you?"

A flurry of butterflies erupted in MC's gut, their face burning. "Please do."