#ComingHomeToFindHerAsleep

Song: Adored by Miranda Cosgrove

You walked through the door of Sam and Cat's apartment with your backpack slung over one shoulder. In your hand, you held a little paper bag, containing a bit of a present for your girlfriend, however, she was nowhere in sight as you looked around the living room.

The lights were off and there was soft music coming from the bedroom.

You set your backpack on the ground and the little paper bag on the coffee table.

You went into the bedroom and found her curled up in bed, sound asleep. She didn't even bother to take her sneakers off. Your heart melted at the sight before you took out your phone and snapped a picture, the rays of the setting sun making her look like a deity, which is exactly what she was to you.

After, you took her shoes off for her and set them on the ground before carefully removing her leather jacket and covering her up with the blanket.

You made to go over to the closet to hang her jacket when you heard her groan softly. "Y/N? Is that you?" she asked in a sleepy whisper.

"Oh, honey, I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

She shook her head, but her eyes were still half shut. "I was waiting for you to get home anyway," she said, "I just fell asleep, I guess."

She had gotten a job recently at Wired, a nearby coffee shop, and she had completely underestimated the amount of time she spent away from home, away from you, so when she came home, usually an hour before classes were finished, she was exhausted. Usually, though, she was awake and had some food ready when you came home since she would wait up for you and making food distracted her.

"It's okay," you told her, "go back to bed, I'll make dinner."

"Cuddle me first, you can make dinner later." She yawned and opened her arms for you.

You smiled and hugged her from behind, kissing her hair.

Once you secured your arms around her, she turned around to face you and put her head on your chest. She closed her eyes and bunched up your sweatshirt in her fingers, breathing in your scent and digging her head in your chest.

It was less than a few minutes when her breathing evened out again and her hand loosened around the cloth of your sweatshirt.

You kissed her head and carefully slipped out from under the covers to head to the kitchen.