#RoadtripTalks

Part two to #RoadtripReady.
Song: She's Always a Woman by Billy Joel
Contains like future wedding talk.

You got into the driver's seat and put the key into the ignition, turning it to start the engine.

You shifted into second gear, stepping on the clutch and started driving.

Sam stared out the window for a while until she plugged the aux chord into her phone and started your playlist on shuffle.

Marry Your Daughter began to play and Sam laughed softly.

You looked over at her before taking her hand.

Your fingers intertwined. You looked back onto the road, driving carefully, and your thumb brushed over the promise ring you gave her. You squeezed her hand. "Soon, my love, this—" you fiddled with the ring, "—will be an engagement ring. And soon, an actual ring."

She blushed. "I can't wait," she said with a smile.

"And our song'll be Kiss Me," you added.

   "Oh, that would be perfect..." Sam smiled as she thought of walking down the aisle and watching you do so as well. "We could have a simple wedding, unless you want it to be big—"

   "Baby, I'd love a simple wedding," you told her, cutting her off.

   She squeezed your hand.

   You kept driving for another hour, in complete silence save for the music coming from the speakers and Coco's meowing, which was silenced when Sam took her from her carrier and brought her into the front seat with her.

At around three fifty, Sam broke the comfortable quiet.

"Y/N, I need to ask you something."

"Anything, love."

"Do you, uhm, do you really want to marry me?"

Your heartbeat kicked up and you hit the brakes suddenly at a shoulder of the road. You didn't know what made her think that, of course you wanted to marry her.

"Darling, why would you ask that?" You turned to look at her, taking her hand. She stared out of the window and you could tell she was blinking back tears.

"Sam, look at me."

She shook her head and sniffled.

"Darling, come here," you whispered, removing both her seatbelt and yours.

You let Coco into the backseat and pulled her closer to you. You wrapped your arms around her and

   "Sam, don't think that, okay? Of course I want to marry you."

   "I don't know," she said softly, "I mean... we're too young."

   "Then we'll wait. I'll wait until you're ready, because, Sam, I love you."

   "I love you too."