#RoadtripReady

So, for this one, Reader is three years older than Sam (so, 21).
Song: Marry Your Daughter by Brian McKnight Jr.
Clarification: it's like two AM when you two head for San Francisco.

School was over for summer, for both you and Sam, and so you and your girlfriend of two years set off to San Fransisco, where your parents and family were, to spend a week there since you were missing your parents.

   Sam had been worrying about the trip ever since you talked to her about it. This was going to be the first time she would meet your parents and she was worried they wouldn't approve of her.

   "What if they say I'm too young for you?" she asked worriedly as you shut the trunk to your car after packing into it your bags.

   "Sam, they won't care about that! I'm happy with you, and if they don't like you, then that means they don't want me to be happy," you assured her, pecking her lips.

   Sam bit her lip. "What if they ask how you met me?"

   "Baby, we'll tell the truth, of course!"

   "That you beat up some guy for me when I was fourteen and I fell so hard?"

   You turned to look at her with a laugh. "You never told me you fell hard," you said, giggling.

   She rolled her eyes with a smile. "Whatever."

   "Oh! Have you got Coco's cat toys? She can't live without those," you said, starting to open the truck again.

   "Don't worry, I've got them in my backpack," Sam said, "where's Coco, by the way?"

   "She's in her carrier in the car, look."

   Sam turned to the window behind your car and found Coco fast asleep in her carrier.

   "Let's go?" you asked, extending your hand for her to take.

   She nodded and you opened up the passenger's side for her. She kissed you gently and got in, and you shut the door.