ch. 17

tw: suicid£12 years in the future

tw: suicid£
12 years in the future.

"HANAGAKI?" I ASKED AS I saw the familiar black hair. As he turned around, I smiled at him. I was dressed in all black clothing and my hair was tied back from my face.

"Huh?" Takemichi asked as I took his hand and shook it.

"Thank you for coming. It means so much to Yūta." I said with a smile as he looked at me in confusion.

"Follow me." I spoke as he followed me into the funeral home to where my brother was laying in his casket so peacefully.

Takemichi looked at him in horror as his breathing became unstable before he ran out of the funeral home.

I turned around and looked at him in confusion. I didn't even have time to follow after him until many people came up to me expressing their condolences to me.

My brother was killed in a car crash. He was the only family I had left in this world.

The ceremony was beautiful and it was everything he would've wanted. Now, he can rest easy with Mom and Dad.

That night, when I came back to my lonely apartment, I switched on the light before taking off my heels and letting my feet breathe before taking a bottle of wine from the fridge.

I poured myself a glass before sitting down on the couch and turning on my favourite movie.

I was over halfway through the movie and I'd already drank five glasses of wine when I looked out my window and saw a bridge. I have nothing left to live for in this world. My brother was the light of my life. He was always there for me when life got hard.

Getting up from the couch, I went into my room and grabbed a hoodie to throw over my dress before slipping back on my heels and made my way towards the bridge.

The rain was pouring down and caused my clothes do get damp which then dampened my hair.

When I arrived at the bridge, I stopped and looked over the bridge when I saw someone familiar.

"Everyone's looking for you." I spoke as I took down my hood and he stared at me.

"I don't care." He spoke as I looked back over the bridge.

"How could you kill everyone?" I asked Manjiro as he stayed silent.

"I'm not going to rat you out. I just want to know." I said as he sighed.

"I wanted to get rid of Toman. And the only way to do it is this." Manjiro said.

"You killed them in cold blood. How could you live with yourself?" I asked as Manjiro just stayed silent.

Grabbing onto the railing, I stood up on it as Manjiro looked over at me.

"What're you doing?" Manjiro asked me as I took a deep breath.

"Well, my time is going to come sooner rather than later. I've nothing more to live for. So, I may as well take my own life." I said as Manjiros eyes went wide in shock.

"You know, I really did care about you. I always wanted to have you on my side but now, I can't bare to even look you in the eyes." I said as I outstretched my arms.

"Goodbye, Manjiro." I said before taking a leap off the railing when I was suddenly stopped.

Mikey had grabbed my hand and was holding onto me. "Don't do it! Not yet!" Manjiro yelled at me.

"(Y/n), I've loved you for years. You have more to live for! I was never going to murder you! And I never will! No matter what the consequences, I'll always love you!" Mikey yelled as his tears fell onto my cheeks.

"Let go, Mikey." I said as he only tightened his grip.

"I'll save you! I'll be the one to help you! I'll be the one who'll always stand by your side! I'll never leave you!" Mikey yelled as the rain made it hard for Mikey to hold on.

"Manjiro, come on..." I said as his grip slipped again.

"No! You deserve everything in your life! You've always been there for me! I love you (Y/n)! If we get reborn! Please marry me!!" Mikey yelled.

As I heard his pleas, my eyes lit up.

"I'll marry you, if you'll take me for everything I have in my life. But right now, I want nothing more than this. I've anticipated my death for years. So please, just let go." I said with a smile as Mikeys grip loosened for the finally time and I slipped away for him.

"(Y/n)!!" Mikey yelled as I hit the water and never rose again.

Mikey stood at the top of the bridge in shock. He lost her. The one person in the world who he cared so much for. Is now gone. And there was nothing he could've done to save her.

The smile that he would never see again. The lips that were no longer his to kiss. She had the arms he wanted to wrapped in, the eyes he could gaze into for hours. The love he needed in his life.

It was all gone.

If love could've saved her...

She would've lived forever.

A/n: I'm so sorry that this is a short chapter I just wanted to get it done and finished. Keep in mind, I wrote this at 4am after I came back from a party and started crying.

Anyways, I love you all and let the Tenjiku arc begin (HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE) be ready readers xx