47

~*Kaili's POV*~

When I was created, I did not know what life would be like outside this place. This location I was created in, was my home for a long time. Being able to share it with my husband was really nice. He got to see where I grew up, all the places I would hang out, the places I would burrow as a snake just to keep away from bigger predators.

When I was found by Hua Cheng by chance, I actually thought I was done for. As a supreme ghost, they are one of the most powerful beings to exist. He was not evil though. He left me alone but he stayed near. A man in white was always with him. That man, the Flower Crown martial god, Xie Lian, was kind. I had just turned to my human form. I was young, and our first interaction, I was actually ill. Xie Lian helped me, and Hua Cheng became a good friend of mine.

Later, Hua Cheng became like a brother to me. It was always said he had little to no care for others. He cares for Xie Lian, and then he cares for me. During the time we were first around each other and I was sick, I bit Hua Cheng out of self-defense as I was scared. He could not be harmed by me. Hua Cheng said if I needed to bite anyone, bite him as he was immune to my venom. He also didn't want Xie Lian hurt so I listened to him.

When I was given the opportunity to live in the mortal realm for a while, I took it. I never expected to meet my future husband. He was already going through hardships as his little brother was suffering from a loss of a loved one. Lan Xichen even punished his own disciples on my behalf and took me in out of kindness. He did not have to, but he did.

We had our hardships together, as his sworn brother, Jin Guangyao, was very cunning and manipulative. That man caused a rift to occur between Xichen and me. It took time, but we worked it out. Lan Xichen and I never parted after that...until I was abducted. When I was found, I was so scared and filled with post trauma, that I did not know if I'd ever recover from it. Because of Xichen, his family, and Hua Cheng and Xie Lian, I made it through it.

I am now, First Madam Lan Kaili. I am also considered to be Madam of White Vemom, or Bái dú fūrén. Gusu was my new home, and I did not have to worry about official matters unless called upon. I helped out with Xichen at Cloud Recesses. I even taught some classes, teaching the younger disciples that even as a cultivator, they can learn basic elemental cultivation. I even taught a class on plants and herbs that are good for medical practices.

It was a year after being married that Xichen and I had a child of our own. As we were both Devine beings, our child was already born as immortal. We named our first child Lan Yue, their courtesy name Lan Rong. Yue means moon, and Rong means prosperity and harmony.

Lan Rong ended up being able to be a snake, which was inherited from me. I had to teach her how to control her shifting as well as no biting others. Since her venom was similar to mine, I had made sure there was extra anti-venom being made and stored. Lan Rong may have my abilities as a snake, but she is so much like her father in terms of personality. She was calm and kind, and she was very smart. She did have that bluntness which I somehow wondered if she just spent too much time around Wangji at times, as he was known for being blunt.

Wangji and Wuxian loved her and would let her spend time with Jingyi and A'Yuan any time. Wuxian even taught her how to play the Dizi. I felt it was alright. I also never expected for Lan Rong to gain such a huge amount of attention from Lan Qiren. He loved and spoiled her. It was quite interesting to be honest.

My home was always to remain here in Gusu. To remain in my husband's heart. I felt loved and protected, I felt respected and I felt comfortable. This was my life and I never wanted to exchange it for any other.

The End