CHAPTER 8

After we had met up with Tim Shepards' gang, and after the Socs had arrived, we stood across from each other.

That's when I saw him. Paul Holden.

When I was in high school, I played football, and buddied around with that Soc.

When I graduated, and 'officially' became a greaser, I hadn't spoken to, or seen him since.

"Hello, Darrel." He said.

I lowered my eyes, and bit back the anger I felt.

"Hello, Paul."

Boy, that silence was deafening. The tension between the two sides would have snapped any second.

"I'll take you." Paul announced.

I grinned. I knew I could take Paul in a fight. I knew I beat him any day, and I wanted to show him then and there, but that's when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hold up! Hold it!" I turned, about to find out who it was, when I saw a Soc hit Pony in the jaw.
That's when the tension snapped. Every Soc sprinted to a different greaser, and every greaser sprinted to a different Soc.

I then realized who it was that told us all to stop. It was Dally.

The prospect as to how Dallas was able to escape the hospital was unfathomable to me. But I had more things on my mind, like the Socs that were tackling me.

I kept my eye on Ponyboy, while punching and kicking the Socs that came near me.

Dally was defending Ponyboy at the time, so I turned back, and focused on Paul.

That was when I heard Two-bit shout, "They're running! Look at the dirty - - - - - - - - run!"

Paul got one last punch in before sprinting away with the rest of the Socs. Every greaser had at least one bruise.

"We won." I tried to announce loudly, but my weariness prevailed, and you could hear it in my voice.

We won.

------------------------------------

HAHA MY WIFI'S BACK UP BABES

anyway

Chapters will be more consistent now :)