|\/| Prologue |\/|

Explosions and fires lit the surface of the metallic planet, Cybertron. The sounds of war echoed into a large, dome-like building. Robotic organisms, Cybertron's native life forms, gathered together. The younger ones present gossiped amongst themselves, trying to keep their minds off the intense weight of the air pressing down on them. A blue and red Cybertronian, taller than most of the others, entered the room. He stood on the highest podium, looking over the building's interior like a judge in a courtroom. The youngsters silenced.

"Bring her in," his deep voice ordered, bouncing off the metal walls.

A Cybertronian opened the doors he guarded. Two others half-stumbled into the room. Between them, they forced a young female Cybertronian in front and away from them. Her chains clattered against her white, metal body with neon green accents; her wolf ears pinned against her helm as her tail flicked in annoyance.. She put her servos up to claw at the collar around her neck, which were connected to chains that her captors held. The larger of the two growled and shoved her forwards.

"Get moving, traitor," he glowered, blue eyes glowing fiercely.

The white femme sent him a brief snarl, showing her sharp dente. Her ear flicked in frustration as she huffed, doing as told. The mechs yanked on the chains, causing her to abruptly halt. The femme's purple optics glared at the metallic floor in front of her peds. 

"Jetstream, you are at this trial to review the accusation that you killed the members of Wrecker Team Beta, and Sergeant Ironhide, as well as critically wounding Commander Jazz," the blue and red mech proclaimed.

Jetstream's helm whipped up. Her ears and tails drooped. Tears sprung to her optics.

"I didn't do it, Optimus! It wasn't me, I swear it! I would never murder my best friends, or my mentor," she exclaimed. 

Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots, sighed. He looked over at a blue and orange mech.

"Ultra Magnus. Show us the footage."

Ultra Magnus, the Second in Command, nodded. At the push of a button, he activated an image generator device. A blue, holographic video fizzled to life in the large space between the accused and the judge. 

"This video is derived from the surveillance camera system from a nearby building," Ultra Magnus stated, eyeing the young femme.

The SiC allowed the video to play, the playback being the actual time. A little ways into the video, and chaos began with a red and black Autobot - Ironhide - leading Team Beta, Jazz and (what appeared to be) Jetstream, herself. Everything was going as normal as it could be, when suddenly, the system glitched. When the video corrected itself, most of the Beta Wreckers laid on the ground as Spark-less husks.

She looked over at an older, white and orange mech, desperation shining in her optics. The mech stared back, an unreadable emotion shining in his blue optics. One of the chain holders grabbed Jetstream by the helm and forcefully made her turn her head.

"Keep watching, scum," he growled.

Jetstream tried, but she couldn't turn her head or direct her gaze elsewhere. Everywhere she looked, she could see the brutal destruction of her friends and her father-like mentor. The spilling of their Energon imprinted into her processors. She tried closing her eyes, but that just caused the image to become clearer. Water streamed from her optics as she fell to her knees. Everyone glanced at each other, mixed emotions evident on their faceplates. Through her blurry vision, Jetstream could see the femme raise her sword to Ironhide.

"Please, Jetstream," Ironhide begged weakly, "Don't do this. Please."

Jetstream said nothing. With a swift swing, she brought down the sword and made the mech a head shorter.