|\/| Chapter 1: Darkness Rising, Part 1 |\/|

Location: Jasper, Nevada, USA

Deep purple, chrome and black blurred across the long, straight highway. The 2009 Ford Mustang GT’s speedometer slowly crept over 180km/h (112mph). A pillar of red sandstone appeared on the heat-waved horizon.

“Come on, come on…”

Though there was no driver, the female Australian voice whispered from the surround sound speakers. The speedometer continued its way up to 190km/h (118mph) until alarms whined throughout the car. The breaks suddenly screeched against the bitumen surface, causing the vehicle to spin out of control. Losing track of where she was, the Mustang’s side suddenly slammed into the sandstone pillar. Due to the break-neck speed, the car bounced into the air. While flying through the air, the car transformed into a seven metre (22ft) tall robotic organism. A flurry of sparks ignited as the femme’s body crashed onto the road. With a loud smash, the alien robot suddenly stopped, her back slamming into another sandstone formation.

“Holy sparkling of Primus,” she exclaimed in the Australian voice.

The femme’s wolf-like audio receptors flattened against her helm as she brought a servo to her chassis. Her purple optics glanced down to find a glowing purple substance leaking from her Spark chamber.

She growled, “Seriously?”

With an aggravated sigh, her helm slumped back against the sandstone. Using the rock behind her, she forced herself to her peds. Her servo flew up to the side of her helm. Her digits tapped against the stone. A large robotic bat swooped down toward the femme. It transformed into a 1.8m (6ft) tall Cybertronian. Her concerned, lilac optics stood out against her white, purple and black paint job.

“Are you okay, Master Nightshadow,” the young femme asked.

Nightshadow nodded, slowly standing to her full height.

“I’m fine, Echowing. Have you found anything?”

The MiniCon nodded, “There is a large Energon signature not too far from here. But, my sensors can’t detect if it’s the type we need.”

“No matter,” she said dismissively, “We can still collect it.”

Echowing transformed into her bat-form. She flew toward the larger Cybertronian and formed into a white, purple and black chassis plate. With a smile, Nightshadow transformed into her 2009 Ford Mustang GT. Still feeling a little woozy, the femme slowly went back onto the road before driving off.

☄️☄️☄️☄️☄️

“We’re close, master,” Echowing’s voice stated.

Nightshadow nodded. She grabbed her broadsword from its place on her back, drawing it in case she ran into trouble. Normally she’d just walk straight up to the source, but something told her to take a cautious approach. Her purple optics scanned the area as she crept slowly toward the decently sized Energon reading. She peeked over a ledge. Seeing a red Cybertronian with silver bull-like horns on his helm, Nightshadow quickly ducked backwards. 

“Scrap,” Nightshadow cursed quietly, “Fragging Autobots! Fragging Cliffjumper!”

Hearing a strangely familiar roar of a Cybertronian engine, the femme looked up. A dark shadow covered the sky; a huge cloud of metal covered Earth’s Sun. Nightshadow rolled her optics.

“Great! The fragging Nemesis! I don’t think this day could get any better!”

Once the Nemesis halted its flightpath over the Energon reserve, the rear ramp opened to allow Decepticon Flyers to zoom out. Down below, Cliffjumper transformed into his vehicle form. The femme watched as the Autobot engaged into a miserably failed battle with the Flyers. One of the Flyers struck Cliffjumper, knocking one of the red mech’s horns off. Just as she was about to slink off, the whole Energon reserve exploded. She hastily ducked behind a boulder to shelter from the debris. Once the explosions calmed, the femme stood. Her widened, purple optics looked down on the destroyed reserve.