ミ★ 1. 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 ★彡

"Aine?" A soft voice asked. A warm hand cusps your wet, cold face.

Oh god. What happened? Where am I? You think to yourself as you opened your eyes.

In an instant, big blue doe-eyes appear in your sight. The eyes belonged to a teen-aged boy with (blindingly) luscious pale locks and a pale-rose complexion. His hair was loose, and wet but neatly combed. The boy was wearing a white dress shirt and navy trousers, the shirt tucked in. You are both soaking wet, shivers racked your body.

"Thank Gabriel you're okay!" Wait, thank who?! "I should have caught you earlier... did you stay up late again?"

You grab the boy's shoulder and sat up. "I... guess." You were wearing a damp, simple dress with a beige apron. You look around the area; you are both situated in a forest clearing, far away from any civilization. It is dusk, and the air is cool. The sound of cascading water fills your ears. You assume that you passed out in a river and the boy fished you out.

"If you do that again, I'll stop helping you with your training!" What training? Power training? Is this... oh no.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I think we should really get going." You search frantically for any monsters in the area. You are in the body of a twelve-year-old Aine; you are a dead girl walking.

But the boy (most likely a young Helios) stops you. "Oh no, you don't!" He puts his hands on his hips. "Aine, you put those bastards at the manor before yourself all the time! Staying up until midnight to finish the chores those wicked girls force upon you..." His voice starts to crack. "It... It hurts! Why don't you stand up for yourself? Why do you take their insults?!"

Helios's eyes start to water. A sense of guilt and frustration builds in your gut. You two desperately need to get going, but this guy won't budge.

Of course he wouldn't, he's the same dickhead that smothers the protagonist.

"That doesn't matter right now!" You raise your voice. "We have to leave-"

A grating, thundering roar knocks you both to the ground. You barely have enough time to cover your neck before you fall on a grass patch. Helios is knocked further, and lands on much harder gravel.

Using a nearby oak tree as leverage, you stand up slowly and catch your breath. In front of you, a disgusting haze of purple crawls from the rapidly-withering trees. You cover your nose; the stench is nauseating and reeks of death. Within the fog, what appears to be an emancipated lion stumbles into the clearing.

In the manhwa, the monsters were hardly mentioned, much less shown in detail. You once mocked the Heroine for handling the beasts at a distance, but now you wished you had the power to do the same.

Speaking of power, you try casting a protective spell. You knew in your heart it was futile, but you weren't going down without a fight!

"Tuere!" You held your arm out. Dog-Latin for protect, how creative the world-building was. But instead of a glowing yellow orb enveloping you, nothing happened.

Shit. Time for plan B, I guess.

Immediately, you make a break for it. Cowardly? Certainly! Especially considering that you're leaving Helios alone. But, hey, the monster showed no interest in him, and he's fated to live to meet the heroine, so... not your problem.

The beast was deceptively strong. It kept up with your pace, its black claws a hair's length away from you.

Your heart was about to explode from how fast you were running; the forest landscape zoomed around you. With exceptional grace, you leap over a log the size of a man. But alas, as you were out of sight, the beast turned around. But your anxiety did not subside.

Oh god. Will it really-

"HELP! AINE!" A scream rang through, no doubt belonging to Helios. Change of plans, it was going to kill him, and he's still a boy. Automatically, your body sprang into action and, instead of jumping over the log, you slashed through it with your bare hands.

Was that wordless magic? Whatever, this thing has to die. You zip through the path you came without even breaking more of a sweat. When you got back to the clearing, you saw the beast, mid-pounce on Helios.

It's now or never.

You leap into the air and cut the monster's head off in a clean swipe, again with only your hands. The beast fell with a sickening thump, and the head rolled to the side, its eyes still open in an expression of pure hatred.

What. The. Fuck.

"Aine!" Helios stares at you with awe. He gets up and walks to hug your kneeling figure, his warm, soft arms caressing your neck. "That was so cool! W-was that wind magic?" He leaned towards you, starstruck.

But there was no time to celebrate, as you felt the earth shake beneath you. The trees start to fall. You shoved Helios away just as the earth fractured. A mini-canyon only a few meters in length formed from below. You let yourself sink in.

The last thing you heard was Helios screaming, again, before darkness

Was this fate? Had the gods run out of options? You thought to yourself as you descended. Glistening spots lined the void, mimicking space. It at least would be a beautiful death, although this doesn't feel like death...

Hey there! You're not done yet! Wake up! A shrill, feminine voice rang through the void.

This is merely a setback. That Aurora girl really wants you gone, but you're stronger than her. Make this your story.

(A/N): Sorry sis it's a canon event 😔✊ Anyways if there's anything you like about the story so far please comment about it! And please like and save to library for the algorithm boost💖💖

(https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/1721661/complete?cd=Kv5qW3eVba - Link for the Picrew i used for young!Helios at the top.)