ミ★ 2. 𝘎𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 ★彡

You are greeted by the hum of crickets and the hoots of owls. 

The scent of rain and wet lavender ground you. You appear to be in yet another forest, but this one looks... unnatural. The flora is various shades of dark teal, and the sky seems midnight, with small jewel-like stars adorning the ceiling. Tall ever-teal trees surround you.

There is a warm glow in the distance, down the way a bit. It's most likely a village, given the white smoke emitting from chimney-like structures.

What is this place? This wasn't in...

"Hey! Listen! Wake up!" A familiar, squeaky voice demands. The voice belonged to a bizarre imp-like creature with hot pink hair and blue skin.

You reluctantly sit up and gather yourself. "Again? Where am I now?" The imp did not look like a demon from the original manhwa, so perhaps you reincarnated again.

"Don't worry, you're still in the HSV(Heroine saves Villain) world." Oh great. Just wonderful. "We're in the Undergrove now, although this place wasn't elaborated on in HSV." The imp then pulled out... a hologram?!

"Wait, what are you supposed to be, then?!" You pointed at the imp's touch-screen; even HSV's erratic world-building didn't allow for futuristic technology.

"Oh, this old thing?" The imp rolled their eyes. "It's just my contact panel. I report back on my missions through it." The imp flipped the panel around to show you.

The panel was designed like a cyberpunk-esque gaming U.I., with stats and messages. Stats were split into six zones:

Health: ???
Mana: ???
Efficiency: ???
Charm: ???
Intelligence: ???
Awareness: ???

Aren't the last two a bit redundant?

The messages were in a language you'd never seen before, so nothing could be deciphered from them. Your sight wandered to the avatar in the corner.

User: System 22
Codename: NiNi
Level: 1
Missions Complete: 0
Date Created: Era 13 (???)
Overall Tier: C

No complete missions? What's with the eras? "Why is your rank so-"

"Ahh- don't mind that!" "NiNi" answered in a panicked tone. "It's just that I'm a newbie, so..."

"You're as weak as me?" You curtly interjected.

"...yep." NiNi looked down at the ground. "I'm sorry, but I don't have the power to give you anything. I can't even stay in a physical form for long." NiNi then looked at their hands; they were a pale gray in comparison to the rest of their skin tone. "I used up most of my power reviving you.."

You sigh. "It's okay. Thank you for going out of your way to revive me." Will she disappear for good? I hope not...

"Don't worry, I'll be back!" NiNi must have sensed your worry. "I just can't stick by you most of the time. I'll visit you when you turn nineteen and are ready to leave for the over-world."

NiNi then gestured to the glow. "Go there. Ask for the orphanage man. He'll help you." And with that, NiNi faded into a string of Ones and Zeroes.

"...sorry." You murmur to nobody.

" You murmur to nobody