ミ★ 𝘐𝘕𝘛𝘌𝘙𝘓𝘜𝘋𝘌 ~ 𝘏𝘌𝘙 ★彡

"Y'know, that one kid, he's got potential."

A calloused hand brought the mug of ale to the speaker's mouth. The man's ram-like horns glisten in the lantern's light. "I ain't ever seen a man with that much mana, much less a 16-year-old." He cursed as some ale dripped on his crimson tunic.

"I suppose." A slender hand fiddled with a silver sword's handle. "Although one might ask why he would bother with our gang instead of, say, applying for a scholarship." The woman mused whilst admiring her sword. Her grey hair shined almost as brightly.

But not as brightly as the young man that had just walked in.

"Hello." A familiar, soft voice rang throughout the tavern. Instantly, the patrons swung around to stare at him. (At least, the ones who aren't blackout drunk did.) Such a polite tone of voice was unheard of in the area. But the wise say the more polite someone's speech is, the more brutality they are capable of.

A young, hooded bandit by the alias of Helios owned that voice. Making his way to the bar, he declined a drink and instead opted to silence. He and a few of his fellows were taking refuge inside a dinky, run-down tavern in the slums of Elysium. All he could smell was the misery of the impoverished civilians.

"-Well, If we were to do that, we would need to sneak past the guards-"

And the people proclaim Mariah Stellaris as a saint? Utterly risible. Or it would be if it were not so damned pathetic. Like sheep to the slaughter. Helios sat deep in contemplation.

"-But that brat Aurora will be there-"

HER. I can't stand her. The people may see her as a darling prodigy, but in reality, she's a talentless hack who mooches off her equally terrible parents. Everyone would be better off if those royal scum burned. Helios furrowed his eyebrows.

"So? Should we sneak down to the Undergrove or not?" The man with horns prodded Helios. The Undergrove?! Helios shot up in... excitement.

"Yes." He practically demanded without hesitation.

The Gray Lady (her alias) stood skeptical, her wrinkled face challenging Helios. "Are you sure? The royal guards will be on high alert. Not to mention the fact that Aurora is rumored to have an "evil detection" blessing." Gray Lady rolled her eyes at the "blessing" statement.

With all the blessings the gods have given Aurora, it's ironic she's never lived up to them.

"Yes." Helios didn't care about her. He'd find a way. Find HER.

"Besides!" Ram (his nickname) butted into the debate. "The Undergrove is crawling with gems! Like, so common I hear that villagers trip on beryl!"

Frivolous bullshit. Of course, riches gained from this "expedition" don't matter.

"Well, if that's our 'reward'," The gray lady crossed her arms. "Then I guess we can afford a hitch. The queen sets off in two days."

The two bandits looked at Helios for confirmation.

They really shouldn't have. It was an obvious answer. "Yes."

Anything for Aine. Even if I have to get my hands even bloodier.

(A/N) Hi! sorry for the hiatus, but I just couldn't figure out how to continue the story

(A/N) Hi! sorry for the hiatus, but I just couldn't figure out how to continue the story. Luckily I finished a rough outline for the story so updates should be more frequent. And thank you all for 200 reads!