Episode 1: Fighter

"Carmen?..
...
...
...
...Carmen.."

He sighs and nudges her to wake her up.

"Firefly, c'mon. We've got a big day ahead of us." He said in a sing-song tone. Her eyes flutter open and she yawns, stretching her arms out. "Hey, dad... just give me a sec." She murmured with a small smile.

Her name is Carmen Fayer, a 14 year old girl who's half-human and half-flamehead, pretty cool right? No, no it's not. She's extremely hot-headed, figuratively and literally. It's hard to keep a temper with such abilities.

Her dad, Eligor, had already exited her room and is back at the dining table with her mom, Cherri. They're great parents, a bit too protective but I don't blame them."Carmen!" Eligor yelled for Carmen to get up.

"Coming!" She yelled back then groaning afterwards. She quickly makes her bed and rushes to the dining table "Huy! Dahan-dahan," Cherri scolded. "why are you in such a rush?"

"Sorry mom— big day today!" Carmen replied with a grin on her face before munching on her food. "She's right. Today's the day she finally gets to fight in the Battle Nexus!" Eligor said proudly with a big wide grin, he's a really supportive dad. He had been training and helping Carmen prepare for this exact moment, she wanted this more than ever.

"I'm gonna win, dad! I know it! I can feel it in my flame!" She spoke with her mouth full and a cheeky smile, her head sparking a slight flame. Eligor chuckles and pinches her cheek playfully. "That's my girl!" Cherri chuckles along with him before patting Carmen's head. "Just be careful, okay? The clinic's always right around the backstage— and don't forget your bandages!" "Mom, I'll be fine! Don't worry." She chuckled out, leaning towards her mom's touch.

Carmen has been training like crazy ever since she was 11 years old, the moment she saw the Battle Nexus, it just clicked. She wanted to fight and get the "Battle Nexus Champion" title, it was her only goal in life. Well, not exactly. It was to make her parents proud.

Eligor and Carmen make their way down to one of the alleyways in New York, looking for a specific button/lever that opens a doorway to the Hidden City. Carmen couldn't stop jumping around, throwing punches and kicks to the air, and shooting small fires out of her finger. She's all dressed up and ready to fight in the Battle Nexus.

"Firefly, calm down. You'll attract attention." Eligor said with a subtle smile whilst looking for the button/lever. "How can I calm down when I'm literally about to fight in the big league?!" Carmen squealed, stopping her movements and now just clenching her fists.

After a while, Carmen's dad finally finds the button/lever and opens a doorway to the Hidden City. Carmen couldn't keep it together, let alone be calm about it, so she bolts right through the doorway, already on her way to the Battle Nexus. "What the— Carmen!" He sighs exasperatedly but then chuckles, later on tries to catch up to her.

Carmen was everywhere, bumping a few people, "Oops, sorry!" sliding between people, "Excuse me, coming through!" even jumping over them. "Ha-ha!" All the while having roller-skates on and her giant scissor weapon strapped on her back. She tries her best to be the coolest and the 'awesomest' person around. Y'can already tell she's a bit arrogant and cocky.

"Firefly... you..." Eligor spoke whilst breathing heavily, his hands on his knees. "...You really gotta give the old man a break, huh?" He huffed out as he caught his breath before finally pulling himself up to look at his daughter. He had finally catched up to Carmen since she had suddenly stopped on her tracks. He sees her looking at the entrance of the Battle Nexus in excitement and nervousness, the way she's fidgeting with her fingers and tapping her foot against the ground. She seems a bit hesitant in going in.