Episode 7: Change

So, it's been a few days since Carmen decided to stay over with the turtles to recover, and so far- it's going pretty good! She gets along with them easily, and they're really sweet. Of course, Raph worries about Carmen the most. Eldest sibling instinct, she thinks of it. She never had siblings of her own, so she never knew the feeling.

Currently, Carmen is in Donnie's lab. She's tinkering with a circuit board whilst Donnie is working on something himself, their backs facing each other. Because Carmen is now considered as Donnie's co-worker, she helps him with his inventions- which she's doing by handing him the needed tools.

"Wrench." Donnie instructed.

Carmen hands him the wrench.

"Pliers."

Then, the pliers.

"... Chainsaw."

Carmen sputters and scrunches her nose, "What? Okay, what the hell are you even making?" She turns to take a look at what Donnie's working on.

Donnie whirls around and shows Carmen, "A sandwich?" he answers with a straight face.

She scoffs and rolls her eyes, letting out a few chuckles. "All that for a-" She inhales deeply, "... Give me the other half."

He shrugs and splits the sandwich, giving the other half to Carmen. They both chow down on the sandwich, and the look of satisfaction appears on both of their faces.

"Mmm, so good..." Carmen mumbled.

"Just because I'm sharing you a piece, doesn't mean it'll happen again." Donnie narrowed his eyes at her as he munched.

She waves her hand around and swallows her piece, "Yeah yeah, whatever. I'm just saying that your sandwich tastes amazing."

Donnie nods in agreement, an arrogant smirk on his face. "I'm aware of my astounding sandwich making skills, thank you very much."

Carmen then takes another bite of her piece, smiling kindly at Donnie. Since she considers Donnie as her boss, she really looks up to him. His intellect is far more advanced than her own.

They both fist bump each other until suddenly, Leo barges into the lab.

"Hey, Donnie, have you seen-" Leo trailed off as he looked at the two, his eyes darting from Carmen to Donnie.

He cocks an eyebrow, "... Since when did you two get along?" He questioned the two, pointing at them.

"Since a few days ago?" Donnie answered.

"How have you not noticed before?" Carmen silently chuckled.

Leo guffaws and puts a fist against his hip, "Oh, well, I'm sorry I thought you've been isolating yourself in the med bay!" He put on a sassy tone.

Carmen raises her hands up in defense, "I spend most of my time here. I guess you could say I work here now."

Donnie lightly elbows Carmen on the arm, "-I mean temporarily!" She blurted.

Leo crosses his arms and rolls his eyes, "Huh, okaaaayy..." he clears his throat,

"Anyway! Carmy, now that I've found you," He whips his pointer at Carmen, "you wanna hang out and eat some pizza?"

Leo then adds, "On me, of course." He gives her a flirty wink.

The corner of Carmen's lips curve to a small smile... in a playful manner.

"What, like a date?" She teases.

His eyes snap open, almost popping out of his eye sockets like a cartoon. "U-Uhh, I mean-" He's sweating bullets now. Leo never expected Carmen to tease him like this.

Despite that, he manages to handle it well and get back up.

He coughs into his fist, "Well, only if you want it to be." He smirked.

Carmen playfully scoffs in return, but then Donnie suddenly speaks up.

"Grooaaann! You two, get out of my lab. Now."