Fighting Oblivion~17

I yawn pushing myself up in bed before opening my eyes, the first thing I notice is how dark it is outside.

"What time is it Shuji?" I ask looking over at Shuji's bed only to find it empty and neat which is weird cause he hates making his bed.

I raise a brow confused before deciding to ignore it and look for my phone, but I can't find it.

I check my bedside table, I check under my pillow, I get up and take everything off my bed, I frown a little annoyed when I can't find it or my cigarettes.

Deciding to find them later, I head towards the door to go downstairs for a drink, dad should be passed out by now.

I open the door and freeze all the lights are on and the house is dead silent no TV playing, no radio, I can't even hear any cars outside.

Scratching the back of my head I slowly walk down the stairs thinking maybe dad's gone and Shuji is down here doing something.

"What the hell." I mumble searching the entire area for Shuji but there's no sign of him, I double check downstairs before starting to feel anxious.

I head back towards the stairs to check if maybe I just didn't see him when the doorbell rings, I frown wondering who would be at the door at night.

I hesitantly go to the front door and open it, on the porch is an oddly familiar lady, she's short with long H/C hair and gold eyes but what stands out the most is her calm yet determined expression.

"Can I help you?" I ask thinking maybe she got the wrong house when she comes inside, pushing me back and shutting the door.

"Has anyone else come yet?" She asks frowning up at me.

"I'm not really allowed to let people ins-" "Your life is in danger." She cuts me off walking over to the window, looking outside like someone's following her.

"Lady are you okay?"  I ask raising a brow hoping I didn't just let a crazy person in to the house as she turns around looking up at me.

"You're dying and you need to fight." I frown subconsciously taking a step away from her.

"What are you talking about?" I ask she's quiet for a second before walking towards me, I back up against the wall behind me.

"Remember Y/N." My eyes go wide as she puts her hand on my chest and images flood my mind.

/"Let's go Hanma!" Draken yells, I turn in time to see him send my brother flying into a pile of cinder blocks making my eyes go wide.

I instinctively step in their direction giving one of the guys enough time to run up and land a hit to my face./

/"Did you know Mikey" Kazutora looks down at Mikey "That if you kill someone, you're a bad guy but if you kill your enemy, you're a hero."

Two Valhalla members grab Mikey lifting him towards Kazutora, There's a moment of silence before Kazutora hits Mikey again, and again, and again./

/I feel a searing hot pain in my stomach as I jump between Kazutora and Baji.

"You dirty traitor." Kazutora hisses twisting the blade, I punch him forcing him away and he pulls the blade out./

I gasp falling back and slide down the wall, holding my stomach in pain as everything comes back to me.

"It's okay the pains not real. Just breath." The lady says kneeling down in front of me putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Please Y/N you don't have time." She moves her hands to my face making me look at her as I take a few deep breaths.

"Am I dead?" I ask looking her in the eye and she shakes her head.

"You have the chance to go back, but we need to hurry." She says grabbing my arm and standing up, trying to pull me up with her.

"Wha-" I'm cut off by loud banging on the front door making me flinch.

"Open the door!" Dad's voice screams as he continues banging on the door, I panic and scramble to my feet.

I move to run for the stairs, but the lady pulls me back by my arm making me stop.

"No! We have to leave through the back door!" She yells pulling me towards the kitchen, but I pull my arm back.

"If we go outside, he'll find us!" I say trying to step back as the banging gets louder.

"If you stay here you'll never see your brother again!" My eyes go wide and I freeze as I prosses what she just said.

"We have to go." She continues looking me in the eyes, I slowly start to nod.

She quickly leads the way to the kitchen before stopping in front of the back door.

"Hurry and open the door." She says my hands are shaking as I grab the handle and pull it open.

She runs forward still holding onto me as we run through the gate and down the alleyway.

"Where are we going?" I ask as she leads the way through streets that feel familiar, but they don't look right.

"We have to get you to the hospital." She answers turning another corner and glancing behind us.

"The hospital?" I mumble wondering why we're going there of all places.

We get to the hospital and run up to the automatic doors before she stops and let's go of my arm.

"Get inside and go up the stairs to the third floor." She says making me raise a brow looking down at her.

"Aren't you coming too?" I ask as the doors slide open behind me and she shakes her head.

"I can't you have to go the rest of the way on your own." She says I step towards her, but she steps back "You have to go, you only have a few minutes left."

"Who are you?" I ask she looks down fidgeting with her hands for a second before looking back up at me.

"I'm your m-" Something flies between us cutting her off and making me jump back.

We both turn to see a black mass coming towards us, the lady's eyes go wide and she pushes me through the hospital doors.

"Go, now!" I turn around running through the halls looking for the stairs.

I see the sign and push through the door as I hear glass shattering from where I left her.

I start up the stairs trying not to trip over my own legs, I pass the second floor door and the first floor door slams open.

I push myself to go faster and run through the third floor door before I freeze.

'She just said the third floor where do I go now?' I look around trying to find any sign of where to go when I realize one of the doors is different.

All of them look weird except for one at the far end of the hallway, hearing whatever it is getting closer I run towards the door hoping it's the right way.

I grab the handle and-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1149)