A report?

Thump thump. Thump thump. Breathe Coralline breathe.

"Hey! No running in the halls!" You can make it. "I told you to slow down!"

"Sorry, Mr. Corter. No time, I have to get to class!" Almost falling, I finally reach the door, class 218, English III, with Ms. Raven. "I swear the name fits her so well. One of these days..." the door swings open.

"Oh, Coralline, how nice of you to stop by and actually join us today," the 'Raven' speaks.

"Well, I thought that maybe, just maybe, I would stop by a class full of literature and such... enthusiasm." The fake smile just pops on my face as she glares at me.

"You have been late all semester. You've missed almost every assignment. How do you suppose you are going to pass this year?" her eyebrows seem to crinkle, "You know what? I have an assignment for you." She kept talking as she grabbed for a piece of paper, "Here, your assignment is to research any book in the library, as long as it is within your grade scale. Once you complete your research, your next step is to write a page and a half on the topic containing the book." She's letting me out of class to do a research paper?"You are to report right to the library, Coralline do you hear me?"

"Oh, yes mam."

"Go on, I expect your paper in a week or less," she handed me a note as she basically pushed me out the door.

Everyone has always known the 'Raven' to be mysterious and pushy, but she was never pushy on trying to get a kid to do work. It was mainly for discipline or to listen to her for once. There were some stories on how she'd send only certain kids to the library. Kind of makes me think on what kind of kids she was sending to the library in the first place. Is it that she just gets aggravated with some kids and kicks them out so she doesn't have to deal with them anymore? Haha, most likely.

I arrive at the library which is just by the office, a place I don't want to go to today. As always Mrs. Raelyn is here.

"Hello, Mrs. Raelyn."

"Oh, Coralline what are you doing here?" she picks up her head from a book. No telling what's she's reading now.

"Oh, Ms. Raven sent me here to work on a book report. Do you happen to know where the fiction books are? I'm looking for something... interesting." When do people even come into the library anymore? I wonder if she gets lonely.

"Oh there is a great selection in the back to the right." I thanked her of course, and started on my way back.

Have you ever felt like something was watching you, or someone? It seemed as if the library got darker, it's always had this feeling to it. Once I got to the end of the isle I turned right. There were many book, novels almost, but the one that caught my eye was this red journal looking thing. Just like any composition book, except it looked like a book that was actually published. The pages gave that feel as if water had fallen on it and dried out. The print was normal just as any other book. I almost put it down due to all the drawings that were in it, but I soon learned that the drawings went with the book.

Ring Ring! The bell's here already. I got up as I felt my knees go weak. It was as if a headache reached my brain the minute I got up and started walking. Mrs. Raelyn was still at her desk when I walked up.

"Could I check this book out please?"

"Sure thing honey," she grabbed the book out of my hands as she tried to scan it. I don't have time, unless I want to be late for second hour also.

"I'm sorry, but this book doesn't seem to be in our catalog. Where did you find this book again?" she looked up at me and all I wanted to do was walk out, because I couldn't be late again.

"I found it in the section you sent me to, should I just leave it here?"

"No, just take it with you. I don't want you to be late for class."

"Thank you, see ya' tomorrow?" I pushed open the double doors knowing that I'd see her tomorrow.

"I'm here almost twenty-four seven," she stated. I walked out, not trying to be rude, but I am going to be late. Ring Ring! Well that's just my luck.

Being late isn't something I'm use to. Last semester I was one of the top students. Here at Gatingdale High being late is always the problem, ever since Dad died.

I reached the second class, Geometry. At least it's not as bad as English III. It's time to begin another boring class.