• 1 •

1 July, 2022.

Dear diary,

   Today was my last day of training at P-Nation. PSY told me this morning that my debut will be soon.

   I haven't made any preparations yet, I just did paperwork. Maybe I'll start tomorrow.

------------------------------------

   "Can Seyeon come to my office please? Thank you." PSY's slightly muffled voice came through the speakers in every corner of the room.

   One of the secretaries led Seyeon to the CEO's office, opened the door for her and left. Seyeon thanked the secretary and closed the door behind herself before turning to PSY and bowing.

   "Hello, sir. Why did you call me here?" She looked at him with a raised eyebrow and took a seat on the other side of the desk to her CEO.

   "Always straight to the point Seyeon," he chuckled and continued his sentence, "I actually have some very good news for you. After careful consideration, your teachers and I have decided that your debut will be this August!" he exclaimed.

   Seyeon could feel her jaw dropping and her heart rising to her throat. After a few moments of silence, she realised that she hadn't replied to her CEO, so she spewed out the first words that came to mind.

   "I- you- wait, what???" Seyeon sputtered, unable to form a coherent thought, let alone a whole sentence.

   "Do you remember those demos you sent me last month? We'll be using the...eighth one. Did you ever give it a name?" PSY informed her, taking a quick glance at his computer screen to double check which song they had chosen for her debut.

   "The eighth? Uhm..I don't know which one that is." Seyeon muttered, a little embarrassed that she forgot her own creation.

   With a small nod, the CEO leaned over to his computer to press play. As soon as the first note played, Seyeon recognized it.

   "Ahh, that. I named that one Attention." She commented, nodding along to her own song.

   "Okay then. We hope you don't mind, but we sent this to Kim Eunju a few days ago, and she already has a choreography ready." The manager next to PSY explained.

   "Okay..so what now? Should I go and practice?" Seyeon enquired, ready to do whatever was asked of her.

   "I admire your dedication to practicing, but we just need to go over some paperwork first. Then you can go home, and you'll begin preparing tomorrow." PSY explained with a small laugh, and Seyeon nodded along to show to him that she understood.

------------------------------------

word count: 423 words.