• 2 •

2 July, 2022.

Dear diary,

   Today I finally started preparing. I spent most of today recording, then Mrs. Kim taught me up to the first chorus of the choreography, then I had to go home.

------------------------------------

   Seyeon rushed to the recording studio at the end of the seemingly endless corridor.

   "Shit shit shit!" She cursed under her breath as she finally reached the door. After trying to pull it open for almost 2 minutes, a woman opened it from the other side.

   "Oh of course it was a push door.." She grumbled before smiling at the nameless woman and welcoming herself in.

   "Hello, you must be Seyeon," the woman smiled at her, "I'm Yeji Choi, your manager. You can just call me Yeji if you'd like."

   "Oh, okay. It's nice to meet you, Yeji. I'm Seyeon. I hope we can get along!" Seyeon returned the smile and turned her attention to the recording booth on the other side of the room, only separated from the 'lounge area' by a panel of soundproof glass.

   "I hope so too," Yeji nodded, "Well then, shall we get started?" She asked, bringing Seyeon out of her daze.

   "Ah, okay!" She nodded and set her bag down, pulling out her notebook with countless lyrics scribbled along the pages. She flipped through the pale blue book until she found the spread of pages with the lyrics to Attention scrawled along the lines.

   "Are you ready Seyeon?" Yeji enquired with a tilt of her head, to which the young girl nodded eagerly.

   "Born ready!" She beamed with a determined glint in her eyes.

------------------

   After recording the song, Yeji practically dragged Seyeon to the dance practice room on the other side of the hallway.

   "Yeji- Yeji I appreciate your dedication to getting me everywhere on time, but I can walk on my own.." Seyeon sheepishly pointed out, making her manager stop in her tracks.

   "Oh my goodness you're right! I'm sorry, you're the first idol I've worked with." She began to profusely apologise. Ignoring the feeling of pride swelling in her chest at being called an idol, Seyeon quickly began to reassure her manager that it was fine.

   Hearing the commotion outside, Kim Eunju opened the door to the dance practice room and peered out at her new student and her manager.

   After calming Yeji down, Seyeon noticed Eunju and bowed, muttering a greeting paired with an apology for taking so long.

   "...Don't worry about it. Come on in."

   Almost two hours later, Seyeon finally understood the choreography up to the first chorus.

   "It's safe to say that dancing is not my best skill." She gasped out, letting herself fall to the floor and grab a bottle of water.

   "You can say that again," Yeji chuckled, "Well I think we're done for today? Let's get you home." She turned to Eunju, who simply nodded.

   "You did well today, Seyeon," the dancer praised, "But you definitely need to improve." She added, not wanting to give Seyeon too big of an ego boost.

   "Definitely." Seyeon laughed in reply.

------------------------------------

word count: 511 words