chapter 5

Once we arrived at my building, I could walk and see more clearly, i think the resting helped me.

"We need to take her to a hospital." Sophie said.

"No, yous don't. Ill stitch it up and ill be fine." I sighed.

"Fucking hell, how would a fence even do that?" Brody asked, sounding panicked.

"I was doing something stupid." I said, turning to Violet and cracking a smile.

She did too but it seemed forced, as if she felt bad about what happened. We took the elevator up to my floor and everyone came in, basically to look after me and make sure i didn't pass out or something. Brody was already familiar with the layout of my apartment as she's been here a few times, so i sent her to get the first aid kit in my room. A few minutes later, she shuffled back into the room with it and handed it to me. I opened it with my left arm, and pulled out the needle with thread already attached.

"Fuck, i can't watch this." Sophie said, getting up and walking to the living room.

"Me neither," Brody mumbled "shout if you need us."

I slightly chuckled to myself and Violet did too.

"Do you want me to do it? I've done it before." Violet suggested.

I slid the needle over to her and positioned myself so she could do it at a good angle.

"Go for it." I said. "Don't think i'd be able to reach it anyway."

"Should we not like.. clean it first?" Violet asked.

"It'll be fine." I shrugged.

Violet started on the stitches which caused some pain for me, but i was used to it and had a good tolerance for pain.

"Im really sorry about.. this. I shouldn't have brought you down there it was really stupid and irresponsible of me to do. I'm really sorry i got you hurt Clem."

"Vi, stop. Don't be sorry, it wasn't your fault what happened, it's not like im dying," i said "plus, that was the most fun i've had in a while. We're gonna have to do it again."

"Seriously?" She asked, slightly chuckling.

"Yeah, as i said, it was the most fun i've had in a while. Although we were almost caught." I chuckled.

"We will. We're just gonna have to wait for your arm to heal." She smiled.

I nodded and we stayed in silence for a moment before Brody broke it.

"Y'all okay in there?" Brody called out.

"No, im dying." I shouted back.

We didn't hear a response back which made both me and Violet laugh.

"You sure you don't want to go to a hospital?" Violet asked.

I shook my head. "I'm okay."

"Okay." She nodded.

"I'm not dead yet so." I shrugged.