40

40

"Van, Kent might look for me. I can't go," I frustratedly said to Van when he said we were going to the bar today.

"Mom was willing to look for him, Daryha. Come on, naka-oo na ako kay James. Nakakahiya kung hindi tayo pupunta," sambit naman nito.

"Bakit kasi umoo ka kaagad?" Inis na sambit ko.

"Kasi alam kong hihindi ka. Come on. Mag-ayos ka na at pupunta na tayo," sambit pa nito.

James was a son of our president, so I can't help but be frustrated now because he has said yes, and I don't want to be rude, especially because James is kind to me.

"Pumunta ka na, Daryha. Ako na ang bahala kay Kent," bumagsak ang balikat ko nang marinig iyon kay Tita Geva na ngayon ay hawak si Kent.

"You have work tomorrow again. You have so much time to unwind, but you have done nothing but work and go home after. There is nothing wrong if you focus all your time and attention on Kent, but don't be too hard on yourself. Daryha," Van said.

Napairap ako at tuluyan ng walang nagawa. Nang mag-alas otso na ay tamad na tamad akong mag-ayos ng sarili. Nairita na nga si Van dahil subrang tagal ko. Bahala siya. Ginusto niyang isama ako, kaya tanggapin niyang malalate siya.

2 years ago, dad also did his best para madiin si Joseph Vuenavista sa ginawa niya sa'kin, pero talagang malakas ang kapit niya sa taas. I had been here in the State for a week when they followed me; that is also the reason why I met Aunt Geva. Aunt Geva was good to me.

I can't believe when dad say na dito na sila maninirahan para mabantayan ang pinagbubuntis ko. Hindi naman nila kailangang gawin iyon dahil alam kong may trabaho silang dapat unahin, pero talagang nanirahan sila rito at sinamahan ako hanggang sa maipanganak ko si Kent.

Van was the only one who stayed in the Philippines because of his work, but months later, he also followed us here. I could also ask him how Leo was because he was Leo's doctor, but I stopped myself.

When we were here for a month, dad fixed everything about him giving his surname to me. He couldn't take it anymore that people always called me Miss Vuenavista, and I was so happy for his decision. Despite the weight I feel from the many things that have happened, I was able to smile and be happy the day I became Daryha Guivera and was completely removed from the Vuenavista in my name.

"Oh! I'm glad that you are here, Daryha!" James immediately came to me and hugged me.

"I was inviting you to my party last week, but you refused. Now that James has this party, you come. I can't believe you. You are so unfair," sambit naman ng baklang kaibigan kong si Levi.

Hindi agad ako nakasagot sa kanya nang bulungan ako ni Van na pupunta muna siya sa mga kaibigan niya. Tumango lang ako at hinayaan iwan ako roon.

Napairap ako nang mapansin ang malagkit na tingin ng kaibigan ko sa kapatid ko. Nang mapansin ang pag-irap ko ay umirap din ito pabalik.

Levi is the one who helped me years ago to be part of the modeling agency that I used to work for when I was here. I was so thankful that even though I was pregnant at the time, they still believed in me: tumigil lang ako noong nanganak ako, and then after a few months since naipanganak ko si Kent ay muli akong bumalik sa trabaho.

Nakatulong din na hindi gaanong malaki ang tyan ko noong pinagbubuntis ko si Kent.

"You know that I am not that girl who used to party anymore, Levi. I have a big responsibility now," sambit ko naman.

"So I'm so glad that you are here now, even though I know and am aware that Van forced you to come here," natatawang sambit ni James. Of course, he knows. Natawa na lang din ako.