Time For A Change

When I wake up, I am surprised to find the police in my house. They pay no mind to me, or Victoria, who is asleep on my shoulder. Tommy appears to be talking with the sheriff, and Char is no where to be seen. I stand up, waking up Victoria, who decides to follow close behind me.

"Tommy," I interrupt his conversation, "what's going on?"

He sighs and shakes his head, "you two fell asleep, and there was nothing else for me to do, so I fell asleep too. Char must've gotten out somehow, because he attacked me, which, of course, woke me up, and I managed to hit his head and knock him out enough to call the police."

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine," he rolls his sleeve up, revealing a bandaged arm, "it was just a scratch." He pauses a moment, then, "I'll have to, of course, pay fines for kidnapping him and making threats, but not as much as he will," he chuckles nervously.

I shake my head, "what about Victoria or me?"

The sheriff answers this time. "This wasn't either of your faults," he says, "you don't need to worry." He eyed our wings a little bit, "well, not about getting in trouble, I'm not sure about those. Did that man really do this?" We both nod, and he scoffs, muttering, "never in a million years."

The next couple hours were filled with police searching my house, asking us questions, and having Tommy sign some papers. I was told that Char was sitting in the back of one if the police cars, he's in more trouble than Tommy, having actually carried out with the threats. I guess Tommy didn't tell them about what we did to Char before we took him, there will be a couple broken ribs that will need to be explained.

By the end of it all, I'm just tired again. I notify Tommy before going to my bathroom to take a shower. I glance into my broken mirror, barely recognizing myself. The bandages covering my wings are all torn, it looks like someone tried to mummify them. I notice that the veins under my eyes go black for a moment, and I wonder how many times they've done that before, like they had the night I had the interview.

I decide that now would be a good time to dye my hair, so I take out the black hair dye, but a thought comes into my mind. I but the black dye back in the cabinet and take out bleach instead. How about I change things up a little bit?

When I'm all finished showering and I'm dressed in a tee shirt and sweatpants, I go back downstairs. Victoria gives me a large smile, and Tommy is asleep on the couch.

I sit down next to Victoria, "hey."

"Hey," she replies, brushing some of her hair behind her ear, her green eyes staring into mine. It's no wonder she's a model, she's gorgeous.

"The doctor told me to keep the bandages on for another two weeks, but I don't think I need to. Would you help me take them off?"

"Sure, of course," she has me turn around so that my back is facing her, then she gently starts to unravel the bandages. Again, my wings quiver at her soft touch. When she is finished, I stand up and spread them out, something I haven't done in too long.

When I first got my wings, more than a month and a half ago, they were barely a foot and a half long, like Victoria's are now, but now they were each about four feet long, and the feathers were longer, and less soft. I don't know much about birds or flight, but I would say that these wings might enable me to actually fly.

Victoria gets up and stands in front of me, spreading hers out as well, small and soft. "Mine were like that once," I comment, lightly brushing the feathers with my fingertips.

"So they grow?" she looks up at me, both excited and scared.

"Oh yeah," I chuckle, folding mine back up against my back. She does the same, and it crosses my mind that she looks up to me, follows my lead. I don't know if it's because I already went through what she's going through, or because she somehow sees me as responsible, but I need to keep myself together, for her sake. If I can avoid mood swings and aggression, maybe it'll help her too.

"What are we going to do?" she asks, sitting back down.

"I wish I knew," I sigh, "for now, I suppose, just get some rest, see what'll happen with the police, and Char. I'm gonna let everyone know I'm alright, then I'll sleep. You can do what you want, I suppose. Feel free to look around, but try not to dig around, because chances are, if you make a mess, I'll procrastinate to the point of never cleaning it." I laugh a little, then look at Tommy, still asleep on the couch. "He's been really helpful this last month, and I haven't even thanked him."

I pick him up, with more difficulty than he would have picking me up, and carry him over my shoulder to the guest room, his room. His breathing becomes less even, and I can tell he's awake, but he doesn't say anything as I lay him on the bed. Maybe he just wants to make me feel better, or maybe he's too tired, but I leave it alone, and so does he. Or at least util he opens his eyes as I walk away.

"Adam! Your hair!" I had already forgotten, whoops. "What happened?"

"I wanted to change things up a little. Don't like it?"

He looks at my hair for a moment, taking it in, then he smiles, "it looks great."

I smile back, "thanks, TJ." I leave the room, but not before saying goodnight, then I go to my own room.

I take out my phone and start checking social media. My feed had blown up, everyone was asking about what happened at the concert, some people thought I had died at the hospital. 'Hey, guys,' is all I post, and everyone freaks out. 'I'm okay, just a broken bone, no worries,' I think for a moment, then add, 'be careful, no hitting me. It's not nice :('

I turn my phone off and lay down in bed, thinking over everything that happened. I can hear Victoria walking around, but even she ceases movement, as she falls asleep on the couch. Pinnarum must sleep a lot, because in the past seven weeks, I've slept more than I've been awake. But I still fall asleep easily.

**A/N: Well, I hope this chapter is okay! Thanks for reading, please comment, and I hope you enjoyed!**