Home Again

I rush out of the car that dropped me off from the hospital. I run up the stairs to my porch, then hastily open the door and slam it behind me, not even thanking the driver. I'm just happy to be home.

Tommy is already there, sitting at my couch, his suitcase and bag on the floor next to him.

"Hey there," he chuckles, standing up. "You're home!" He gently pulls me into a hug, his arms hung around my shoulders, avoiding my back.

"Yeah," I grunt as he lightly squeezes me, "I'm back from that wretched place." I sigh, then wrinkle my nose.

"Oh, come on," he says, "surely it wasn't that bad, was it?" He releases me, but keeps his hands on my shoulders, his brown eyes hold deep concern.

"They observed me!" I raise my voice without realizing it, "they gave me drugs so that I would sleep longer! And-and they, they..." I trail off, closing my eyes an taking a deep breathe.

"Sh, sh," Tommy puts a finger on my lips and attempts to calm me. Then he changes the topic, "so, when can we get these off?" He gestures to the bandages wrapped around the useless, feathery limbs that have somehow attached themselves to my shoulder blades.

I let out a sigh, "in about two weeks, I think. Whatever, they'll give us a call, check up on me, then take them off." I shrug, "I think they want you to stay longer though, to keep an eye on me, because I'm 'unpredictable' and 'dangerous'."

"Unpredictable, yes, but dangerous? Come on, Adam, they can't see you as dangerous, can they?" he grabs his stuff and follows me to the guest room.

"Well," I shrug again, "that's what I would have said, at least until I attacked the nurse."

Tommy stops in his tracks, jaw dropped. "You attacked the nurse?" I nod. "Dammit," he glares at me, "you don't attack people! No matter how rude to you they are!"

"I couldn't help it!" I defend myself, my eyes narrowing, "I don't know why, okay? They're right to think I'm a monster, a freak, when I can't even tell what I'm gonna do next." I hold in a sob, realizing that this is true, and I hate myself more.

He sighs, seeing the look on my face, then he starts walking again. "Whatever, just don't attack anyone else, okay? I'm supposed to watch you, all I'll insure that you don't. I may have to find punishments."

"I'm not a child, Tommy, and you're certainly not my parent. You don't need to treat me like that," I say, irritated, "it's not like I don't know right from wrong."

"Are you sure about that?" he asks as we reach his room, he walks over to the bed and places his bags down. "Because it sure sounds like you don't."

I let out a scoff, and turn away. "Whatever, just leave me alone then." I walk off, to my room.

As soon as I get in, I lock the door, and fling myself onto my bed. My face is buried in the pillow, and I can't help it as tears soon soak the pillow.

***

I'm not sure how long I was there, Tommy knocked on my door at least three times, but I didn't answer any of them. I'm pacing the room, now, glaring at anything and everything.

I know Tommy'll be back any moment, but I'm still pissed, and I don't know if I'll talk to him again tonight. I bite my lip, frustrated, then I let out a scream. I've become an animal. Worse, I've let myself become it. The voice left me, but it did its job.

There's a knock, "Adam?"

"Go away," I growl, glaring in his direction.

"Won't you just let me talk?"

"No," is all I say, then I'm pacing the room again. I claw a little at the bandages, maybe if I can get them off I can fly away from my troubles. But I know it's useless.

I hear a large thud on the door, then another. He's trying to kick it down. Maybe when it comes down, I can make I run for it. I am faster than I used to be, and I begin to calculate the possibility. One last thud, and it's off its hinges, landing with a painful crash.

I sprint in his direction, hoping I'll be able to make it, but he holds his arms out, catching me around the waist. He lifts me off the ground, which seems to be an effective way of rendering me helpless. I squirm, but it's useless. Damn my 70 pounds.

He looks up at me, he looks tired, as if I've exhausted him. I probably have. "Adam, this isn't you? Okay? I'm not sure quite what happened, but we'll get through this, we'll get you fixed."

"But I'm not broken," I protest, "and put me down." I squirm around more, but it's pretty much like holding a child to him. Although, he probably sees me as a child, right now, the way I'm acting.

"No, I can't let you do anything that'll hurt yourself, and like you said, you need someone to watch you." I wish I didn't. "I'll help you through this," he looks into my eyes and I can tell he means it.

But I don't want his help.

(A/N: I'm sorry for how long this took, I just got busy, with the holidays and school I hope y'all understand.

I'm sorry if this chapter sucks, but I hope you enjoy!)