Something Isn't Right

**Present Time**

Bright lights blind me as I wake up, and I'm laying on my belly, my wings bound in thick bandages. I find myself in a under-stuffed hospital bed, and I hear voices from outside the cracked door. I try to get up, but my wrists and ankles are bound by leather straps.

I crane my neck around to see that the door is cracked open and I see the white and blue clothes of doctors passing by my room, not one of them stopping to look at me, or see if I'm awake. I try to make a sound, I need to get someone's attention, seeing as I can't reach the nurse call button, but all that leaves my lips is a parched squeak.

Why am I tied to the bed? All Ineed to do is reach the button-

Don't you know why? The voice taunts me, and I feel it taking possession of my mouth again as my lips curl up in a sneer.

I sigh, ugh, not you again... I scoff, and, no, I don't know why I'm here, otherwise I wouldn't have said 'why am I tied to the bed.' The voice had gotten so irritating this last month, and I just wanted it to leave me alone for once.

And it did, for now.

I was still thirsty, but my voice didn't sound so cracked anymore, I just needed a break. I opened my mouth, beginning to sing softly.

Soaked to the bone

And sink like a stone

Walk home alone

It had nothing to do with the circumstance, but, for some reason, it was the first song of mine to come to mind, and honestly, I'm surprised I still remember all the words.

It's not the first time

It's not the worst crime

Your soul will be okay

I close my eyes, and just relax, listening to the words that flow easily from my mouth.

And you've had enough

Searching for love

And you miss the touch

Of someone new

I hadn'teven noticed that someone had walked into the room, not until they put their hand on my shoulder, causing me to jump.

"I'm sorry," a soft, female voice said, alarmed, "I didn't mean to scare you. that was quite beautiful, though, Mr. Lambert, what was it?"

I sigh, letting my eyes flicker open and I strain them to get a good look at her, she has the blue clothes of a nurse, and her curly blonde hair is pulled up into a messy bun. Her cheeks are rosy, and her face had a soft look to it. If I was someone else I may have found myself attracted to her.

"Thanks," I say softly, "it was called Soaked." I close my eyes again, tired. She begins to undo the straps holding me hostage, and I mumble appreciation.

"Sorry about the straps, while you were out you put up quite a fight, but we needed to get the bandages on your broken...wings. We had to drug you pretty heavily, you'll be feeling a little off for a while."

I mumble something else but I'm not even sure what. She moves to another strap and I fall asleep.

***

I wake up again, still on my stomach, but no longer bound. I push myself up onto my elbows, then roll my legs over the side of the bed and get up slowly.

I feel a little light headed as I make my way over to a small mirror I see across the room. I instantly regret it, how much have I slept? It seems that all I have are questions, and no answers. My face is pale, and my eyes are a dim grey. There are circles under my eyes, and it crosses my mind that at some point while I was asleep they had to clean off my makeup.

I haven't been able to do touch ups, so my nails have a strip near the cuticle that isn't painted, and the roots of my hair are a dusty red, as soon as I get home I know what I'm doing.

That's when I realize how hungry I am, did they not try to feed me? I press the nurse call button and sit on the bed for a few minutes until the same pretty blonde nurse arrives, asking what I need. I tell her I'm hungry, but just when she's about I walk out the door I ask, "how long was I asleep?"

She smiles at me sympathetically, "we need to talk about that, but later." I nod and she exits the room.

I sit there for a while longer until she comes back with some food. I know hospital food won't taste any good, but at the moment I don't care. I eat it slowly, and I'm about done when I realize she hasn't left yet. I look up at her questioningly, but she just motions for me to carry on.

She has a notepad that she is writing on, observing me, and I scoff, and finish my meal. I slide the plate away, she takes it to the desk, and recline myself on the bed, staring up at he ceiling moodily.

"Mr. Lambert, we need to talk." I can tell she is slightly irritated by my attitude, but I don't care.

"Go ahead," I tell her, not even caring anymore.

She scoffs, "Mr. Lambert, please."

"I never said you couldn't." I close my eyes for a moment, thinking. "Tell me what's going on. How long have I been asleep?"

This time she sighs. "Overall you have been asleep for two weeks and two days."

I choke on he words. "What?" I couldn't have been asleep for that long, it was only a broken bone!

"The doctors were... curious... on your condition," she tried to explain, "a human with wings... well it just isn't plausible. He, the doctor, drugged you more than needed, so you would sleep longer, so that we could observe you, what you needed, what you didn't need, etcetera. Now that you're awake, he wants me to observe your actions."

I scoff, trying to keep calm, but I'm furious. "You had no right," I hiss through my teeth, "no right!" I stand up, clenching my fists, breathing deeply. I can't let my temper get the better of me, then it'll win.

Go ahead, the voice tells me, just hit her, she'll recover, and you'll feel better, trust me.

It won.

(A/N: I'm not gonna say anything on how bad this is... XD thank you so much for reading, please comment! If you don't like it, still comment on how I can improve it :) thanks)