Blood And Cottage Cheese

The minutes pass slowly as my eyes dart around me, making sure no one is near enough to see me. Of course, what would I do if someone did? I sigh in relief as Tommy exits the building, the sheriff close behind him. Tommy walks slowly, with almost a limp, we really need to fix him. I roll down my window as the sheriff comes up to me, and I notice his name card says Ian McDougal.

"Ah, Lambert, what is it now?" He asks, slightly impatient, "Mr. Ratliff seemed in quite a hurry, and he wouldn't tell me the problem. I assume it has to do with Charlie Barrow?" So Barrow was Char's last name, I feel like I shouldn't care, but I'm still curious.

"Um, yeah," I nod. "Tommy, show him your arm." Tommy obeys, and McDougal cringes. "Char did this to him, we don't know what it is, but we need to fix it, and only Char knows how." I say Char's name with a respectable amount of disgust in my voice.

"So you want me to take you to prison to visit him, is that right?" I nod. McDougal sighs, "very well. Come with me."

I bite my lip, "could I uh, stay here?"

"What, why?"

"I-I don't want people to see me," I stammer, running my fingers through my hair.

McDougal sighs again, "very well, but I'm driving." I don't argue, I just crawl to the back while Ian sits where I was. "Don't got much body heat, do ya son?" He looks at me through the mirror, humor sparkling in his eyes. I don't think it's a good moment to be joking, so I just shake my head. The sheriff pulls out of the parking spot and we head towards the prison.

It takes about thirty minutes to get there, but when we arrive, the three of us get out, following the sheriff. As we enter the building, I get many stares, and I feel my cheeks burn as I squeeze my wings against my back like I have so many times before.

Char's cell was way far back, and under a lot of security, so it takes us a while to get there. Eventually, we reach the maximum security area, and right ahead of us is the he-witch we all despise. I notice that he is wearing a straightjacket, and is chained to the concrete wall.

I rush up against the bars separating us, snarling, "what did you do to Tommy?"

He looks up at me calmly, "nice to see you too, Adam. Love the hair by the way."

I feel a growl in the back of my throat, "what did you do to him? Fix him!"

He looks at Tommy, "I poisoned him and no."

I narrow my eyes at him, and fill my gaze with as much venom as I can.

He laughs, "glaring at me won't change my answer."

"Will my fist in your face change it?" I snap, and he laughs again.

"You never learn, do you, Addy?"

"Don't call me that," I growl, narrowing my eyes threateningly.

He pouts, "oh, did I hurt your feelings?"

McDougal sighs, then intervenes. "Just tell us how to help Ratliff, Barrow, or I can promise you'll be even more miserable."

"Torture me all you want," Char snaps, "but I want Tommy dead. I'm uncomfortable with having another witch around."

McDougal raises his eyebrows, then turns to Tommy. "You're a witch?" He asks with disbelief, to which Tommy replies with a nod. "Wow, whatever. Just, how do you cure him?"

Char smirks and refuses to answer. I feel another low growl in my throat, and glare at Char with all the poison I can muster. Char sighs, then says, "can you please remove Adam from my vision, he's like a dog, and it's unnerving. Like one if those police dogs, except he doesn't look like one."

"Don't complain," Tommy suddenly snaps, "you made him that way, deal with it, and tell us the cure to the poison."

"If I tell you the cure, you won't like it," a cruel smile plays across Char's face.

"Just tell us," Tommy is suddenly right next to me, against the bars with a frightening glare pasted to his face.

"Well, let's see, you need blood, human blood, dog blood, and Pinnarum blood, a pint of each, because I used those elements in the poison, as well as cottage cheese, because I was having a craving while fixing the lovely little concoction."

"What the hell?" I raise an eyebrow, but he was telling the truth, you could tell by the look in his eyes. I look at Tommy and ask again, "what the hell?"

Tommy shrugs and gives a heavy shudder, falling against me. I catch him quickly, and hear Char say, "you'd better hurry," in a singsong voice. We rush out of the prison, me carrying Tommy over my shoulders, and start to drive. Tommy is getting weaker, I can feel the energy draining from him.

"Barrow is insane, that much I've learned," the sheriff comments while keeping his eyes on the road. "I'll help you though, if you need it."

I give him a grateful smile, "anything to save Tommy."

**A/N: I'm sorry about the slow updates, and I know this chapter is short, but I hope you enjoy anyways! ^~^ Please comment, because it really does help!**